TxWARN Project 25 Houston Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayben

Premium Subscriber
There was a lot of scanner traffic from "Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola "dispatchers about reprogramming radios during the weeks around the end of March. Now some talk groups seem to have migrated. The link "Regional Radio System (Excel) - KG5AI's talkgroup list" on the RR"Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25" page seems to be broken. Any information?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
There was a lot of scanner traffic from "Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola "dispatchers about reprogramming radios during the weeks around the end of March. Now some talk groups seem to have migrated. The link "Regional Radio System (Excel) - KG5AI's talkgroup list" on the RR"Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25" page seems to be broken. Any information?

That hasn't worked in a while. I think the site no longer exists. As for the radio reprogramming stuff, where did you hear this and what TGIDs have migrated?

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
While I would not completely rule out all of Galveston County jumping over to 1A7 within the year, what will more likely happen is that their 800 analog sites will get rebanded from 866-868 down to 851-854. Keep in mind that at this time there are no P25 sites on the island or in the northern part of the county, and that for the switch to happen everyone has to have a P25-capable radio.

Of course, it's all pretty much conjecture anyway. The city of Pearland was supposed to have transitioned to the P25 system by now. It hasn't happened. Brazoria County was supposed to either have already transitioned or be in the process of doing so. Ditto for them. It'll happen when it happens, and you can bet with all the ears out there it will be well-documented.

FlashSWT

I had a buddy tell me he heard all the Galveston PD units being called in to have radios reprogrammed about two weeks ago. Galveston FD was also testing the station alerting system at the same time, not sure if they're related or not.

I still haven't heard more then an occasional peep on the Texas City P25 site.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Rebanding of the analog system sites seems most likely... keep an eye on those channels to see if they get changed. It's possible that they might combine a move to the P25 with the rebanding changeover but I don't know their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.