TxWarn question Houston Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHDaniel

Good morning, I'm using my SDS200. I want to add The Memorial Life Flight Heli, They are listed as part of the TxWarn system.
Its in the Air Medical section. When I right click to append to one of my Favorites, it copies this Entire Tx Warn .
I can then click on each one and remove, to eliminate the ones I'm not interested in, Question:
Do I need to use the Simulcast ? There are several to choose from.
My goal is to only scan what i'm interested in.

thanks
Dave
. Screenshot 2021-06-19 071229.png

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Good morning, I'm using my SDS200. I want to add The Memorial Life Flight Heli, They are listed as part of the TxWarn system.
Its in the Air Medical section. When I right click to append to one of my Favorites, it copies this Entire Tx Warn .
I can then click on each one and remove, to eliminate the ones I'm not interested in, Question:
Do I need to use the Simulcast ? There are several to choose from.
My goal is to only scan what i'm interested in.

thanks
Dave
. View attachment 105216
In Sentinel, you can select a single department, in a trunked system, to append to a Favorites list. That appears to be what you did. But the database does not contain information as to which talkgroups are active on specific sites. Since Sentinel cannot determine which site you need, it appends all of the TxWARN sites.

Obviously, a lot of them will be out of range for you. My guess is that Life Flight would not use the various Houston Public Safety sites. Hopefully, someone in your area can clarify which site (or sites) would be best. If no one answers here, you might try joining, and posting on HoustonScan via Groups.io

As far as the extra, unwanted, sites, there's three schools of thought. One is to just use location control, which will let the scanner ignore those sites out of range. I suspect, though, that would still leave you with a bunch of extra sites, with so many in use in Houston overlap in coverage area.

Another method would be to Avoid (lock out) the extras. But here again, you'd still need to figure out which ones are vital, and which are not.

What I generally do is simply remove the extra sites, once I know which I need, and which I don't. The more sites you include to be scanned, the slower your scanner will run through your favorites lists. Again, if you can get feedback from someone in the Houston Metro area, that would help tremendously. My guess (and only my guess, since I'm 250 miles away) would be to use one or more of the Harris County Simulcast sites.

DHDaniel

Thank you for the great response, I made a simple Fav list and included just the Air Medical and All of the Simulcast.
Deleted everything else. It does work, I am getting some good stuff here. Its not really super active today but it does work and the audio is extremely clear and strong
I agree that too much will slow it down.

Thanks
Dave

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I have only personally heard them on the Tomball site I believe from Todd Mission northwest of that area.

DHDaniel

I'm getting good stuff on the 1369 Talk group, We have Life Flight East Base here in Baytown at our tiny Old airport. I havent heard anything
from dispatch or the Heli that mentioned Baytown. I'll add the Highlands info and see what I get

thanks
Dave

n5pwp

I've heard 1369 on 1-14 (H Co NE Simulcast) and less frequently on 1-51 (Mont Co Simulcast). 1-14 is the better system for me. You may be able to get it in Baytown. According to the site map it looks like there are sites all around you for the 1-14 system.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.