TXWARN Waller, Austin and Washington counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcockfred

What radio you monitoring with? You got an arnry sheriff out there , he was the first one in the state to have incrypted dispatch.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
"D"

Are the TXWARN sites in these counties Phase I or II?

Thanks

The presence of "D" in the mode column designates the talk groups in these two counties to be Phase I. However, this is assuming the RR DB is current. I can account for monitoring this system with a PSR 500 and HP436HP. However, Austin County has a few "E" encrypted talk groups.

Last edited:

iamhere300

Thank you all.

I realize Austin County is encrypted, as a matter of fact they are upgrading (?) from ADP as we speak. Sad.

I found some Waller County agencies are using XTS portables, which normally means phase 1, but they are actually still using some of the XTS radios in analog only form on VHF.

Now to work on a non affiliated scan portable.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Only the fire departments in Waller still use VHF.

edit: Keep in mind, Phase II can appear on Zone 1 sites and some agencies' channels are configured for Dynamic Dual Mode.

Last edited:

adcockfred

Yeah, it is not my fault I was raised a coastal sophisticate. You know most of the worlds population does live at sea level. Hempstead is upland, and that made a difference before 1790.

iamhere300

Coming from areas with much more elevation change, the slight rolling hills out here, 200-300 feet, are much like the plains to me.

The reception I get is amazing

adcockfred

I am a native Aldineite, meaning Aldine,. north side of town. You go east the boats are flat bottom and the waters have alligators. You go south west and the boats are v bottoms with big snakes in the water.
We just lost one of our agency s last month to solely PH-II traffic. there are smallers ones like Spring Valley that never were on PH-I. There are select county wide channels we run vs. our zone or district channels. Aggie Con is a big player there up north and east where the hills really kill the signal.

iamhere300

Only the fire departments in Waller still use VHF.

edit: Keep in mind, Phase II can appear on Zone 1 sites and some agencies' channels are configured for Dynamic Dual Mode.

I was advised that due to a lack of 800 Mhz radios, some agencies have a few people still on VHF in some of the police agencies - but they are slated for replacement.

Of course, this was from users, quite often the worse source of information

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
I was advised that due to a lack of 800 Mhz radios, some agencies have a few people still on VHF in some of the police agencies - but they are slated for replacement.

Of course, this was from users, quite often the worse source of information
Who knows. My info was that all of the PDs got on TxWARN with grant money radios.

Coincidentally, Brookshire FD is the only FD in the county not dispatched on 155.76 - they use 155.58/233.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.