Type and Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac4lt

Is there a key somewhere for the type and modes in the frequency listings?

For example, looking at some aviation data, I see types of 'B' and 'BM' and I am uncertain what that means. If I had to guess I'd think that the 'B' was fore 'base' and the 'M' was for 'mobile', but I don't see an explanation anywhere.

For the mode, AM and FM are obvious but in trunked systems I'm seeing 'A' and 'D'. They are likely for analog and digital, but again, it would be nice to confirm that.

Can anyone enlighten me and are there any lists of all the possible values and their meanings?

Thanks,
Linda, AC4LT

dimab

if you point your cursor over the table heading in any listing, you will see the popup with the descriptions.

guide.gif

ac4lt

dimab said:
if you point your cursor over the table heading in any listing, you will see the popup with the descriptions.

Thanks! I never noticed that. Though for the modes, it only says "The transmission mode in use on this frequency." Still, it cleared up the 'type' field.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ac4lt said:
...For the mode, AM and FM are obvious but in trunked systems I'm seeing 'A' and 'D'. They are likely for analog and digital, but again, it would be nice to confirm that....
Linda,
Indeed the "A" and "D" stand for Analog and Digital (on TRS entries). You may also see "E" for encrypted. Where there is none, then the system voice (up at the top of the page) dictates that the whole system uses whatever is there.

On the conventional frequencies, it is of course self-explanatory and the possible things you would see would be: FM, APCO (P25 CAI), AM, FMN (Narrowband), and Telm (data).

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.