TRX-1: Type of Trunksystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I found serveral data channels during my search of the 400 MHz band and want to enter the systems in my TRX-1. How do I find out what flavor the trunksystem are?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You can check the Radio Reference database for the system, you can check the FCC license for emissions designator (unless military), try using DSD+ or Unitrunker, post the find in your state forum those are a couple suggestions.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
You can check the Radio Reference database for the system, you can check the FCC license for emissions designator (unless military), try using DSD+ or Unitrunker, post the find in your state forum those are a couple suggestions.

What are the FCC licnese emission designators for the different control channel systems.

nd5y

I found serveral data channels during my search of the 400 MHz band and want to enter the systems in my TRX-1. How do I find out what flavor the trunksystem are?
You should be able to tell by listening but that takes experience. You have to know what the different formats sound like.
Not all constant digital signals are trunked system control channels.
If you post the frequencies somebody can probably tell you.
If they are non-federal you can look up the frequencies in the FCC database and see who they are licensed to.

Ubbe

If you do search with your TRX-1 you have boxes you tick in the mode setup in the search menu for which system types you would like to receive. Tick all of them and your scanners display will tell you what system types it is.

You can enter the frequencies in tune mode, Fn+1, and then push the menu button and you can edit there for the different system types filters and the scanner will automaticly switch to the systems different modes and display it.

/Ubbe

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
These are not in the RR Database, but soon to be which need to be investigated. Thanks.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to tell by listening but that takes experience. You have to know what the different formats sound like.
Not all constant digital signals are trunked system control channels.
If you post the frequencies somebody can probably tell you.
If they are non-federal you can look up the frequencies in the FCC database and see who they are licensed to.
Is there a website that has different recordings of the CC?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
If you do search with your TRX-1 you have boxes you tick in the mode setup in the search menu for which system types you would like to receive. Tick all of them and your scanners display will tell you what system types it is.

You can enter the frequencies in tune mode, Fn+1, and then push the menu button and you can edit there for the different system types filters and the scanner will automaticly switch to the systems different modes and display it.

/Ubbe

/Ubbe
I am new with the TRX-1, just learning. I will set the TRX-1 up. Thanks.

ecps92

400-420 is the Federal Government - won't be in the FCC
420-450 is generally Amateur Radio
450-512 is FCC licenses.

What specific Freq might be better, than saying 400 MHz - since that is over 200 MHz of spectrum with varying formats

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
450-512 is FCC licenses.

What specific Freq might be better, than saying 400 MHz - since that is over 200 MHz of spectrum with varying formats
450-512 is FCC licenses.

450 - 512 business.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Are there programs that will work with the TRX-1 that will record the talkgroups?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
What do you want to record? Decoded voice audio, raw audio (digital noise) or log talkgroup data?
Something like the SDS100 does in Discovery mode. Record voice and the talkgroup. I have IDTracker and Unitrunker. Something that I can just let run all day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.