Typical day with my BCD396XT in Indiana.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
On the way to work it starts to snow and I'm listening to plow truck drivers doing their thing and State police responding to cars sliding off the road then....... normal stuff
I get to work... safely.....and I start hearing/listening to a 100mph pursuit of a stolen car. Wrong way on interstate in Decatur County, Indiana. Swerved to hit two separate State Police cars District 42. Ended up crashing head-on with an innocent bystander driver. Driver of stolen car was pronounced 10-0 at the scene. Other person was taken to hospital. Follow up coms were discussing waiting on a coroner and taking photographs of the 10-0 subject. Officer on the scene sounded very distraught.
Then I hear in the town of Edinburgh, IN I work in of a subject trapped under a Fork Lift. Police officer was screaming for a Tow Truck to get the forklift off the subject. Was flown to Methodist hospital in Columbus. Turns out he is a part time driver for our company and I know and everyone at where I work knows him obviously. Hopefully he's ok but it sure didn't sound good.
Then yesterday I hear of a suicide attempt. They get there and pronounce person 10-0 and I hear on the OPS frequency that the person at "school" who called it in was texting this person. Turns out this person that died goes to the same High School as my son.
Then before I leave work today I hear of a possible plane crash at Camp Atterbury. Cessna plane radioed it was going to make an emergency landing there and then contact was lost. Still not sure at this moment what happened. Sheriff depuities were going to surrounding area looking for any smoke and then I hear helicopters overhead....but didn't pick up any transmissions from them.
Amazing what goes on around us all the time and we don't even know it. Hats off to the men and women that put their lives on the line and come to our rescue when we call. Glad I got the bluetooth earpiece so I can listen to my scanner while at work. Otherwise, I would've been clueless.

jessmu

Premium Subscriber
On the way to work it starts to snow and I'm listening to plow truck drivers doing their thing and State police responding to cars sliding off the road then....... normal stuff
I get to work... safely.....and I start hearing/listening to a 100mph pursuit of a stolen car. Wrong way on interstate in Decatur County, Indiana. Swerved to hit two separate State Police cars District 42. Ended up crashing head-on with an innocent bystander driver. Driver of stolen car was pronounced 10-0 at the scene. Other person was taken to hospital. Follow up coms were discussing waiting on a coroner and taking photographs of the 10-0 subject. Officer on the scene sounded very distraught.
Then I hear in the town of Edinburgh, IN I work in of a subject trapped under a Fork Lift. Police officer was screaming for a Tow Truck to get the forklift off the subject. Was flown to Methodist hospital in Columbus. Turns out he is a part time driver for our company and I know and everyone at where I work knows him obviously. Hopefully he's ok but it sure didn't sound good.
Then yesterday I hear of a suicide attempt. They get there and pronounce person 10-0 and I hear on the OPS frequency that the person at "school" who called it in was texting this person. Turns out this person that died goes to the same High School as my son.
Then before I leave work today I hear of a possible plane crash at Camp Atterbury. Cessna plane radioed it was going to make an emergency landing there and then contact was lost. Still not sure at this moment what happened. Sheriff depuities were going to surrounding area looking for any smoke and then I hear helicopters overhead....but didn't pick up any transmissions from them.
Amazing what goes on around us all the time and we don't even know it. Hats off to the men and women that put their lives on the line and come to our rescue when we call. Glad I got the bluetooth earpiece so I can listen to my scanner while at work. Otherwise, I would've been clueless.

It really makes you appreciate our officers, fire fighters, EMT's, and all the rest of them, doesn't it?

holeinace

that's not a typical day from where I am. Most of what I hear is minor traffic stuff. I did get the privilege to listen while firefighters rescued and revived a woman from a burning house. I could feel the excitement through the voices. It was very moving experience. A week after that the same dept had the opposite experience

Status
Not open for further replies.