Tyrolean site activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I’m looking for the most active site in Summit, covering Breckinridge area. I’m expanding my NAS personality and I don’t spend enough time up there to do any SDR scanning or anything, but I’d like to be able to hear CSP and all local leos and first responders. I have a group set all made up with the TGs I want to hear, I just need to know which site y’all recommend for the area. Tyrolean looks like it covers the area I’m usually in, but there are a couple that are pretty close together.

Thanks,
B

Steve2003

I can't attest for Tyrolean or some of the other sites in/around Summit Co yet. From my location near Summit Cove the Keystone site has the strongest signal and is usually my go-to for listening simply for a higher decode rate.

Lake Hill:

-Always carries SC LAW, SC ES, SC TONE, and CSP 4C
-Pretty much always carries SC 3 thru SC 9 when in use
-Also frequently carries NW net (lots of chatter between dispatch centers whenever they close/open Glendwood canyon).
-Frequently gets affiliations form Grand/Eagle Co

Keytone:
-Always carries SC LAW, SC ES, SC TONE
-CSP is hit or miss, usually only when a trooper is on Hwy 6 on or close to Loveland pass.
-SC 3 thru SC 9 are usually hit or miss when in use
-This is a 700-only site, I rarely see Grand or Eagle Co on this site (possibly because they have 800mhz only radios in use)

I use a BCD996XT that I remotely control with proscan to listen remotely. I assign my quick keys based on site so I can easily toggle different ones on/off. From my location Lake Hill can be a little garbled so I typically monitor with the Keystone site - if an interesting call comes in I usually try to monitor the SC 3 thru 9 channel that gets assigned on that site first, if it doesn't affiliate I then turn on Lake Hill.

SC 3 thru 9 seem to be assigned based on geography (likely from when they were using VHF OPS channels). If a call gets assigned one of those channels in the Breck area it will likely be on Tyrolean.

Also, if you have the capability to monitor the other DMR/NXDN formats the resort/MC&E systems have plenty of stuff to be discovered on them still. Last week I found 3 or 4 new talkgroups on the MC&E Tier-3 system in use by Keystone Resort. If you program those in be sure to leave your scanner in open or search mode. Did you know that if you drive a golf ball through someone's window on the Keystone golf course they make the homeowner pay to replace it?

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I can't attest for Tyrolean or some of the other sites in/around Summit Co yet. From my location near Summit Cove the Keystone site has the strongest signal and is usually my go-to for listening simply for a higher decode rate.

Lake Hill:
-Always carries SC LAW, SC ES, SC TONE, and CSP 4C
-Pretty much always carries SC 3 thru SC 9 when in use
-Also frequently carries NW net (lots of chatter between dispatch centers whenever they close/open Glendwood canyon).
-Frequently gets affiliations form Grand/Eagle Co

Keytone:
-Always carries SC LAW, SC ES, SC TONE
-CSP is hit or miss, usually only when a trooper is on Hwy 6 on or close to Loveland pass.
-SC 3 thru SC 9 are usually hit or miss when in use
-This is a 700-only site, I rarely see Grand or Eagle Co on this site (possibly because they have 800mhz only radios in use)

I use a BCD996XT that I remotely control with proscan to listen remotely. I assign my quick keys based on site so I can easily toggle different ones on/off. From my location Lake Hill can be a little garbled so I typically monitor with the Keystone site - if an interesting call comes in I usually try to monitor the SC 3 thru 9 channel that gets assigned on that site first, if it doesn't affiliate I then turn on Lake Hill.

SC 3 thru 9 seem to be assigned based on geography (likely from when they were using VHF OPS channels). If a call gets assigned one of those channels in the Breck area it will likely be on Tyrolean.

Also, if you have the capability to monitor the other DMR/NXDN formats the resort/MC&E systems have plenty of stuff to be discovered on them still. Last week I found 3 or 4 new talkgroups on the MC&E Tier-3 system in use by Keystone Resort. If you program those in be sure to leave your scanner in open or search mode. Did you know that if you drive a golf ball through someone's window on the Keystone golf course they make the homeowner pay to replace it?
Thanks for this! I come up the Breck for work and I want to monitor public safety but I don’t have much time to explore the sites via SDR. I don’t monitor anything but P25, but I’m not surprised about the golf course policy… You pay a premium to live there and should understand what that means LOL! I’m gonna start with Tyrolean, Keystone, and Lake Hill sites and see where that goes.

Regards,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.