• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

tyt 390 and zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Is there a way to get the radio to boot up with a specific zone active rather than turn th e radio on, then activate zone selection and get to the frequency or channel I want. I am using CPS MD390 1.36 . i CAN NOT LOCATE a setting to make a partical zone the default on boot up zone.

teufler

yep my 390 does that too, Got confused because I kept reloading different code plug configurations and every time had to go back to zone selection to get to the channels I wanted. I can live with this but was looking for a way to set the defaults channels with the software, like what I do with about all other radio software.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When you load a new code plug, the first zone in the plug is your default, until you change zones in the radio menu.

teufler

Is there away to reorder the channels . With the baofeng dm-5r you can drag and drop channels to rearrange their order. Maybe the CPS software can do that but I have not tried. Also looking to print a list that shows channel order, CPS doers not have a print function. Only way I have found to print is using a screen grab utility to highlight, then print. Print was be nice to get a print ouit of all channel settings, the contact and the groups.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The TYT CPS doesn't allow any kind of sorting anywhere. You either have to edit the codeplug with a 3rd-party software (not sure if it exists), or delete and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.