• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT DM-UVF10 bad transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

grosminet

I bought 2 DM-UVF10 dPMR bi bands transceivers one month ago . I m I am angry-very, very angry again TYT and this TX .

TX is good looking 136-174 400-470 Mhz dPMR /dual band dual receive /2T 5T , 1750hz . Nice in hand .

Programmation software is only available through TYT-USA . Nothing on TYT official web site .

I got an error communication trying to connect software to TX . (USB cable , serial cable , usb attached to serial ) no reaction . (all these cables are working fine with old UVF1.

Some old me that MYT DP208 was thye same . So I tried the DP208 software and I can communicate with DM-UFV10 .

Except that I lost 128 memoy channels

I sent several emails to TYT and now for 2 weeks no more answer .

I'm not the only one with this trouble (Yahoo TYT USA source)

So don't buy this TX until TYT publish a software correction

Niton

I did enounter the same problem as many other customers. In fact, there is a new version of this programming software. I had to push TYT China a couple of times and I've now got the revised versions that finally works very well.

baltimorecs

Would either of you have a review of these in use yet? It seems to be the first affordable dual-band DpMR handheld (that I know of.) Thank you.

Also, do they use Kenwood two pin speaker microphones?

Niton

Here we go. In my opinion it is the best built handheld Chinese ham radio I have seen so far. It's rock solid, but slightly bigger than Wouxun, Quansheng etc. The 1800 mAH battery that comes with the radio has a very good battery life considering the coloured display. There are two antennas per radio in the box. The latest programming software works very well, though, there are too many options and sub-options in my opinion (it doesn't matter). Audio-wise this radio is really good (in analogue and digital mode). I haven't tested the range yet so I'm unable to comment on this for the time being. I stil haven't found the knack of how to send text messages and I still require technical TYT assistance. The usuer manual, as almost any Chinese manufacturer, is very superficial. All in all it's a very good radio considering the price at USD 90.00 per unit plus shipping (from Hong Kong).

Niton

Yes, the standard Kenwood two-pin speaker mic is good for this radio.

baltimorecs

Niton, can you tell me what retailer you bought yours from? Most of them that have it I have not done business with before.

Thank you.

Niton

TYT

I purchased the units directly from TYT China. Very fast (by DHL) and reliable. Spare battery is priced at USD 7.00 a piece. If you require my contact, then I will apprise you of the e-mail address.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
grosminet and others,

Would you post a sample of your programming scheme (e.g., codeplug)?

I'd like to see how this radio MIGHT work for me.

I have the software but the model number shows F-11, which does nothing for me and this radio. It only has a UHF band (for the F-11 model).

Just curious to see what it really looks like via the software.

Can be your initial read file.....I don't need to see much.

Any updates to your review???

f1rzn

Does this radio do DMR like the Connect systems ones?

No, it's not a DMR radio, it's a dPMR.

Having said that, I'm not sure if it's compatible with some other dPMR available from other brands. I'll probably try Zastone and Kirisun at some point.

I don't agree with the title of the topic saying it's a bad radio. I have 4 of them. The first one I bought through a reseller had a few minor bugs (like vox activation not working and hum...maybe that's all, I don't remember) but the ones I bought from TYT directly are flawless (messaging, vox, encryption, group/private calling..). As far as I can tell everything works. It's a clever and rugged radio. The battery charge lasts quite a long time.

Getting some functions to work was a bit tricky and needed the programming software (and help from TYT for 1 function). But a bit of patience will do the trick.

The manual is not that good also. So it takes a bit of time to figure out, but not a lot more than other radios.

I contacted TYT for support and got an answer to all my questions. Big thanks to them, they were very professional.

I must say I even prefer this radio to my Yaesu VX 7R for a lot of reasons.

For instance, the DM-UVF10 is very resistant to out of band signals, which the VX7 R isn't.

I would recommend buying the transceiver directly from TYT (to get the latest firmware).

It's my favorite handled and it seems to have been built with mixed use in mind (ham radio and PMR).

Perhaps I should do a full review at some point. I have the 2m/70cm version but they also do 2m/1.25m and 70cm/1.25m.

My wish list to improve this radio would be :
- a mobile radio compatible with its digital mode and even a compatible repeater.
- a DMR version of it (which would be the only dual band DMR available I think).
- a 70cm/23cm version
- fully programmable scan with top and bottom frequencies
- a better manual
- a 3.125KHz step for dPMR 446.

ps : kg4ojj if you want I can provide screen captures of the software with my programmed data.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
That would be great. Post them here as attachments or email to kg4ojj at arrl dot net

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

f1rzn

Ok, here is the export of the initial configuration.

(more to follow)

Attachments

• NEUF-F11.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 513

f1rzn

And here are screen captures of my VFO and DPMR settings which show my group and private contact configuration.

I have 4 radios, these settings are for RADIO #4, with only one group configured (which calls all 3 other radios).

The 4 radios all have the same codeplug except for ALIAS and ID CODE (in Basic tab) and contacts in contact list (all other radio except self are in the contact list).

Let me know if you need more details or explanation on something.

I didn't customize 2Tone, 5Tone, Alarm & DTMF settings, I don't use them.

Attachments

• tytdpmr-and-vfo-p1.zip
    167.3 KB · Views: 548
  • tytdpmr-and-vfo-p2.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I love it everyone buys these cheap radios expecting this and that,its like a $40 radio.
I would expect it to transmit with mediocre audio and low transmit times(aka low current batteries).A used Alinco is better than these chinese radios.They are what they are,except them as such.Its a good deal for $40.No more ,no less.Dont be mad be happy it works and has a jacklight and FM radio.

Dpmr doesnt work with yaesu fusion dstar or DMR or Mototurbo,its its own system.Expect it to talk to another radio of its brand/type.

Status
Not open for further replies.