• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT DM-UVF10 Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

I am thinking of buying one of these units to play with.

I have read the manual but it is lacking in a lot of specifics. I am particularly interested in the encryption. It looks like this is only available in digital mode. Can someone tell me if it has 32767 codes or provide any additional info on the encryption setting.

morton1566

- The DM-UVF10 is a DPMR radio. There aren't a lot of places that use the DPMR digital mode, so be prepared for quite a bit of incompatibility in DPMR (digital) mode.
- Technically, the UVF10 had a total of 65535 possible "encryption keys" (0000 to FFFF, 0000 not counted) and can store up to 16 keys. That said, usually the "encryption" of such radios is not strong (in some radios, the "encryption keys" are just straight up XORed with the voice plaintext frames) and can at best be classified as "obfuscation".
- The encryption only works in DPMR (ie. digital, not analog) mode, and doesn't encrypt text messages (which the radio is capable of sending as part of DPMR), only the voice frames.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Many of the encryption schemes used in the CCR radios are not compatible with other brands of the same type of radio. Chances are another brand DPMR radio and the DM-UVF10 would not be able to communicate with each other. This is also true in the DMR radios.

gary123

Morton1566: Thank you for the information and confirmation on the format. XOR is what I highly suspected :) I wanted a dPMR radio with encryption for experimentation. I thank everyone for the information, and verification that dPMR was not compatable with any other mode except dPMR. That saves duplicating work :). Next step buy the radio.

gary123

Update. The radio arrived, the cable arrived and I have found the software (i hope) TH-UVF10 v2.4.8. Current headache is the driver for the cable. I suspect a prolific clone so have to dig for a driver that will recognize the cable. I have both 32bit win7, 64 bit win 10 and a XP computer. so I should have something that works with what ever driver is needed.

gary123

well no driver is going to work as the cable has no chip. Its a direct hardwire from the USB connector to the mic pins.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
well no driver is going to work as the cable has no chip. Its a direct hardwire from the USB connector to the mic pins.

I'm not familiar enough with that radio, but many of the newer radios (especially DMR) use a direct USB connection like that without a chip. The chip is built in to the radio.

Are you sure you need a cable with the prolific chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.