• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT MD-2017 Heads Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bndavis6

MD-2017 Speaker Mic

So I have both MD-390 and now the MD2017. I am hoping someone has found a good speaker mic that works with the connector or has someone identified the connector? Is it a Motorola connector?

Thanks
Ben

KG7TTY

Premium Subscriber
2 more things...

Your_account - you can use the Chrome Browser and enable the "Google Sheets" extension. It will allow to create and modify any excel spreadsheet.

As far as the antenna connector. They are for sale on eBay for $6.

ke6gcv

2.5 kHz Channel Stepping for Programming

I know the radio does 12.5/20/25 kHz for analog and 12.5 kHz for DMR. Does anyone know if the MD-2017 can do 2.5 kHz channel stepping for programming analog frequencies into memory?

I would like to set aside a zone/group as receive only but the frequencies are narrowbanded and need the 2.5 kHz stepping in order for successful programming.

CanesFan95

What's the current bug status on this radio? Are there any fixes still in the works that we should wait for, or does this rig work right?

N4KVE

Until they do something about the flimsy SMA connector, the radio is not ready yet for prime time. One local distributor is replacing the connector with a more rugged version before he sells it. Atlantic Technologies, in Melbourne Florida.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber

metro_skywarn

random transmitting...

Hi!
I have 2 of these radios. Both act the same. Every once in a while the rig begins to transmit on its own. When I look over I see it is in transmit mode. Both rigs have up to date firmware and programming. It has done this even with older firmware and programming programs.Any suggestions, corrections? tnx, jb

Starman70

Tyt md2017

Recently purchased this unit. Installed the program on my HP computer running windows 10.
Every time I try to read the radio, I get a square box with the info, "Invalid port #"
I read that there was a programming cable problem on early cables and manufacturer has corrected the problem. Is this problem being caused by the cable? If not how can I fix it?

radicalbill

Is anyone working on a MD Tools for the 2017

Just wondering if there is anyone working on an updated firmware like they have for the MD - 380 ?

Maybe an alpha version ?

Thanks

Bill

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Buytwowayradio had a promotion. Enter a promo code and the thing was offered at 175.

I did get an email back this morning. Says the buttons are not activated out of the box. I read it out and they're indeed programmed. They are also honoring the price and issuing me a refund for the difference. At least the customer service is good.

Not to drag you back into a year old thread but did you ever get the buttons working or just get a return?

Status
Not open for further replies.