• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT MD-380 Scan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
Looking for help on MD-380 Priority scan. I have a Scan list created with 2 DMR channels. In the scan list menu i have Priority Channel 1 as Channel A and Tx Designated Channel set to "Channel A". When audio is coming through on channel 2, the radio is NOT reverting back to the Priority Channel A. In each Channel i have the "scan list" selected that was set up. Please let me know what i am doing wrong. Thank you

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
They are using DMR and both channels and just simplex, no repeater. Can you elaborate on the functionally of the Receive Group Feature?

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
With the TYT MD380 you can NOT utilize scan for DMR Channels that are fully "built out" with color code, etc. You would have to create an analog Group of just the repeater simplex freq.

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
With the TYT MD380 you can NOT utilize scan for DMR Channels that are fully "built out" with color code, etc. You would have to create an analog Group of just the repeater simplex freq.

Thank you. ok. So either revert back to analog programming OR utilize scan, but cannot take advantage of the priority channel features?

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
NOt sure about Priority but what I know for sure is that you can not scan DMR Channels that are fully built out in digital, analog-only.
I have an MD380.
hmm. ok. thank you for your input. However, I am able to scan in DMR with a color code, slot and talk group successfully (only tried simplex) . I programmed 4 portables and the radio definitely changed to the DMR channel when signal was received on that channel. I just could not get the priority revert channel to function properly when a 3 radio keyed up the priority channel. Thus, what you are sharing is that the radio is not built to function with full DMR features as originally thought. oh well.

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
make sure that in each & every channel you have to select the "the scan list" from the drop down as well. I ran into that on my 1st attempt with an unsuccessful scan.

Ubbe

I have several scan lists with 24 channels and are a mix of analog and digital in the scan cycle and there's no problem to scan those, both TierII and III.

I believe the priority function only works when you are on an analog frequency as it would take too long to sync up again to a digital DMR transmission when it has finished sampling the prio channel for a carrier.

/Ubbe

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have several scan lists with 24 channels and are a mix of analog and digital in the scan cycle and there's no problem to scan those, both TierII and III.

I believe the priority function only works when you are on an analog frequency as it would take too long to sync up again to a digital DMR transmission when it has finished sampling the prio channel for a carrier.

/Ubbe

Bummer... wish the option to enable was then gray out when selecting. Dmr only. but yes... $80 versus $500 / radio for Xpr. ya get what you pay for. Thanks for all of the responses.

Medic10mda

Ø Pittsburgh, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I want an XPR7550 but the programming software and cable end up being more than the radio. Buddrousa am I wrong?

Software is around $200, aftermarket cable is $35.. but you have them as a fixed cost and can use for many years. Xpr...375 used to 600 new.

Status
Not open for further replies.