• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT MD-380 white screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
I just got a tyt md 380 the other day, when the backlight goes out and when it comes back on it's all white there is no color screen it makes me mad/ I have to turn it off and on to get the screen to come back on.

NavyBOFH

Premium Subscriber
Try reflashing the firmware. I had a different issue with mine that was fixed by doing that. Seems some dealers flash the newest firmware before shipping them but don't use the associated flashing utility version with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W1AMX

White screen

I've had my MD=380 for six months and now have the white screen.

I've looked at replies from others on reloading firmware to fix. I've downloaded the current and previous versions, run the app to install them - no fix.

Apparently different issues are fixed by reloading current or past firmware versions.

I was poking around, like others, in the zone area when this started.

Does anyone have 'the fix'?

Appreciate any help on this.

73, Dave

N1KF

Same Problem here with my MD-380. All of a sudden all I get is a white LCD screen. Radio seems to be functioning, but I am blind as far as changing channels or zones. Have tried reloading firmware, but that doesn't help. it's almost like the contrast is too high, Is the LCD blown ? My radio is only a month old.

ExHamOp

I have had two MD380 radios with the same issue. Blank white displays. I flashed the newest firmware from TYT but it did nothing. The radios will operate but the displays will not. Nothing I have been able to do has helped. The first one happened when I had had the radio for about 3 weeks; the second one I had for about 10 weeks. I gave up on them and bought a radio from a different manufacturer.

teufler

White screen

Possible that radio was flashed with a gps firmware while radio is non gps, I did this and someone suggested I check what I flashed with. Worked so check the firmware,, for the gps or non gps, depending on your radio, just an idea.

KD2FIQ

White screen on my MD380. I flashed firmware again and again with no luck. These radios are not for me it seems. Everything is a hack to get them to work properly. Even when it did work, I spent more time messing with the settings then actually talking. The firmware software doesn't even have English characters!

ExHamOp

I switched to Connect Systems radios after mine did this. A friend and I also had the MD9600 for a while and both radios had extremely distorted and broken audio except on the highest power level. We both have the CS800D now.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There are English versions of the firmware updater out there.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
va3xpr.net is where you'll find loads of stuff related to the md380. That's where I found my firmware at

KD2FIQ

Ah yes. I did find one based on you post. Not sure if this will help my blank white screen but I am game for anything. Thanks for the tip.

Will001 - I have been to va3xpr's site. No luck. Still blank white screen. Just tried the english firmware updater (not that it matters but it looks nicer).

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Ah yes. I did find one based on you post. Not sure if this will help my blank white screen but I a m game for anything. Thanks for the tip.

No problem, I actually had the white screen problem but a fresh firmware set fixed the problem

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Try rolling back a version. That fixed my problem when I had that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.