• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT MD-390 Emergency Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've been experimenting with the Emergency Mode on the MD-390, and I'm having some issues. I can get the radio to go into emergency mode either by turning on Lone Worker and letting the radio timeout, or by a programmed button press. The radio in emergency mode flashes "Emergency" on the screen and sounds an audible alarm (if alarm type Regular is selected), and sends out an RF ping every 5 seconds or so.

BUT

All the other radio(s) ignore the pings. If the user of the radio in Emergency Mode keys the mic, the other radios will alternate between showing the TXing user/talkgroup and "Emergency" instead of the normal TXing user/talkgroup only display. If the RXing user(s) are looking at their display, they see an indication that the TXing radio is in Emergency Mode while the mic is keyed. But if they are not looking at the display, or the user in Emergency mode doesn't key the mic, nobody else gets any indication that an alarm is active.

I've checked the "Emergency Alarm Ack" box in the channel settings. What else can I try, or is this function not currently supported by the CPS or radio firmware (S013.020)?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I'm using CPS 1.36 which is the latest version AFAIK, and the factory firmware. The non-factory firmware doesn't seem to support the MD-390 with GPS yet.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Problem solved!

In the channel settings, you have to check the Emergency Alarm Ack box and select a Group List that contains the Contact Name (talkgroup) the radio in emergency mode is transmitting to. If the Group List is set to None, then the radio will not process Emergency Alarm pings.

Not sure if this is a design choice or a bug.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Its possible to keep the Radio quiet and still the Mice on?

Status
Not open for further replies.