• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT MD-390G won't lock onto GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WZ0OZT

I've found posts about receiving another radio's GPS over DMR, but I can't find anything about displaying my own GPS location on the TYT MD-390G.

As far as I can tell, it's all set up correctly. I have an ID from DMR-MARC, I've installed the code plug for my area. None of this should affect the ability to display my own GPS location.

I've set Radio Settings -> GPS to #1, which I've configured with the CPS MD390 v1.37 software to not ping or send on key end. I just want to view my own GPS location.

In Utilities -> GPS/BeiDou Info, all I ever get is "Satellite UnLock", which my understanding means it has not locked onto a GPS signal.

I'm using the antenna provided with the radio. I have the UHF version. Inside, outside, on the bus. "UnLock" is all I see.

The forum search rejects "TYT" and "GPS" as search terms, making it difficult to search for this topic.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have to set up a GPS system, and then link a channel to the GPS system, before GPS will activate.

The GPS system Destination ID should generally match the Contact Name programmed for the channel, and should be a group ID, not an individual radio ID.

The channel needs to have the GPS system number selected.

So if GPS System 1's Destination ID is "Maintenance" (group ID 100), then the channel should be programmed with "Maintenance" (group ID 100) as the Contact Name, and GPS System 1.

WZ0OZT

As I said in my third paragraph, GPS #1 is set up. If GPS isn't activated, the GPS/BeiDou Info option doesn't appear. I want to view my own GPS without broadcasting.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Doesn't matter if GPS system is configured, if it isn't programmed into the channel settings, the GPS will not activate.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sadly I found no way to get the GPS Infos from the other Radios to my Pc wo see it on the map.
that sucks a lot.

WZ0OZT

Doesn't matter if GPS system is configured, if it isn't programmed into the channel settings, the GPS will not activate.

Finally got back to look over the programming, and yes, the GPS is set for the channel. As I pointed out, if the GPS isn't configured to the channel, the GPS/BeiDou Info menu option isn't even there.

In both the CPS program and the Utilities->Radio Setetings->GPS option on the radio show the GPS #1 is configured, and assigned to the selected channel.

Still, it says Satellite UnLock. I wrote TYT and they asked if I was outside. I have tried while outdoors, but may not have had a completely unobstructed view of the sky (trees, side of building).

I'll get out sometime to test this with a clear view of the sky. But up until now, everything has been configured as it should be... including the channel setting.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Satellite lock is not fast. It can take 2-5 minutes, especially indoors.

WZ0OZT

Locked!

After being outside for at least 5 minutes, I finally got a GPS Lock. I was beginning to wonder if it was the antenna... the radio came with both a rubber ducky and a whip, and I put the whip on.

Status
Not open for further replies.