• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT MD-398 / Radioddity GD-55 Firmware Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyuri961012

Hi everyone.
I got few firmware files from china factory for TYT MD-398 / MD-368 and MD-580
The newest firmware .bin file for MD-398 is V0.80
I wanna flash it to my radio but the software what is for MD-380 doesn't work.
I figured out that if you hold two small buttons on the left side then turn on the radio with the volume knob you will enter to the firmware upgrading mode.(or something like that)
I'm tired another softwares too like what is for Baofeng DM-5R what unfortunately erased my current firmware. Now the radio doesn't work anymore only the upgrading mode.
I'm tired so many softwares to upload the .bin file to my radio but no luck.
With Arduino IDE software in serial monitor I got some text when I enter to the upgrading mode.
https://s1.postimg.org/1s34mn8g4v/TYT_MD-398_Arduino_IDE_Serial_Monitor.png
Do somebody know how to flash the firmware to the TYT MD-398 ??
Sure exist some method to upload the firmware to the radio.
Please help me fix my radio. All help is appreciated.
I wanna share the .bin firmware files with everyone because these are nowhere available on the internet.
Here is the link - TYT MD-398 Firmware
The zip file contain these files
ALL_TYT368(134MHZ)_V004(2F92203).bin
ALL_TYT368(134MHZ)_V005(2F2BD2F)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT368(220MHZ)_V005(2ED3E70)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT368(350MHZ)_V004(2F34E62).bin
ALL_TYT368(350MHZ)_V005(2ED812C)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT368(470MHZ)_V025(2FA02E2).bin
ALL_TYT368(470MHZ)_V026(2F28A8C)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT398(134MHZ)_V004(2FB1752).bin
ALL_TYT398(134MHZ)_V005(2F3F5D1)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT398(220MHZ)_V004(2F54F3C).bin
ALL_TYT398(220MHZ)_V005(2EEE789)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT398(350MHZ)_V004(2F54175).bin
ALL_TYT398(350MHZ)_V005(2EE874D)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT398(470MHZ)_V079(2FBB4CC).bin
ALL_TYT398(470MHZ)_V080(2F4A4EA)NoGPS.bin
ALL_TYT580(134MHZ)_V003(297360B).bin
ALL_TYT580(350MHZ)_V003(291E04A).bin
ALL_TYT580(470MHZ)_V024(297C3CC).bin

AlterTeam

Hi everyone.

Do somebody know how to flash the firmware to the TYT MD-398 ??
Sure exist some method to upload the firmware to the radio.
Please help me fix my radio. All help is appreciated.

Hi, I have a Bricked GD-55+ or TYT MD398G(Best Guess to the TYT MATCH)

Both bricked and un-bricked radios output the following over serial. Hyperterm or Putty set to
57600, 8, N, 1 and no flow control

To put the RADIO into this mode you need to hold both PTT and Orange MAN DOWN buttons at the same time as you use the volume to turn the radio on. the RX/TX LED will turn RED

To put a working RADIO into test mode do same while pushing both top and bottom option buttons.

Code:
======================================================================
=              (C) COPYRIGHT 2014 ZheJiang Dahua Technology CO.,LTD  =
=                                                                    =
=  K22FN512X In-Application Programming Application  (Version 1.0.0) =
=                                                                    =
=                                                 By YUFENG          =

================== Main Menu =========================================

Download Image To the K22FN512x Internal Flash ------------------- 1

Execute The New Program ------------------------------------------ 3

Initial emails to Radioddity were replied with that the radio is gone, but absent a flash-tool/reset-tool (I tried the one you've posted but I don't think it works for GD-55+) from them and a base firmware for UHF model I do not know which protocol to send the new firmware with after pressing (1) - Z-Modem/X-Modem/Y-Modem and Kermit all fail via hyperterm.

If anyone has any insight or RadioOddity or TYT tools or insight on uploading bin files using the IAPA
please reply. I did manage to write some bytes into the flash somehow so instead of booting bricked with stuck green LED and no power-out, it boots with no screen and RED LED and now turns off without needing to pull the battery. So I am certain stuck codeplug and bad firmware GD-55+ and MD-398's can be fixed by customers. I just have no idea if anyone will provide the tools and binaries or if they have them to give out even. Waiting for TYT to reply.

Thanks for any replies.

Gyuri961012

Hi, I have a Bricked GD-55+ or TYT MD398G(Best Guess to the TYT MATCH)...
Hi
I'm not visitited this website long time ago so i didn't seen your post.
The firmware what I posted is for Radioddity GD-55 and TYT MD-398 or MD-398G.
It is not compatible with the Plus version of GD-55.
I'm so sorry that your radio is bricked.
Why are you tired to flash the older version firmware to your radio ? The GD-55 was Tier I version and it uses a totally different Chip.
Previously I bricked my MD-398 with MD-380 firmware, then I contacted TYT and unfortuntely they sent me the link for programming software over and over again, but after few weeks they got it and sent me the software for firmware upgrading and I fixed my MD-398 with that.
I published the software to help others and not for brick other radios.
So I'm so sorry for your loss.

Few months ago I'm sold my MD-398 radios and bought an GD-55 Plus.
The GD-55 plus is good for transmitting but the reception is poor,the encryption is not compatible with tyt md-380 or md-390 and other familiar radios and it got few firmware bugs too, like when the channel in dmr mode is busy and if you push the ptt few times it will let you transmit what interfering other radios or the whole repeater. The firmware is unstable and often stops decoding the receiving signal even in simplex mode. It is TDMA but not better than the tier 1 version.
I sent video with firmware bugs explained to Radioddity and after a week i got some stupid message.
The Radioddity and TYT are just same chinese manufacturers. They don't even understand your messages even if you send them a video.
I hope they will release a new firmware for GD-55 Plus what can fix your radio too.

I bought MD-380 and 390 radios and they work perfectly even in simplex with long distance. Their firmwares are very stable and you can use custom firmwares too.

Status
Not open for further replies.