• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT MD UV-380 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgrundle

Premium Subscriber
I am very new to DMR and have a UV-380. I have programmed the radio with the software with a local DMR repeater. The radio indicates signal being received but I cannot hear anything. In addition I tried a test with Parrot, 9990, and no such luck.

Any advice?

Patrick
VE7PJG'

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
I am very new to DMR and have a UV-380. I have programmed the radio with the software with a local DMR repeater. The radio indicates signal being received but I cannot hear anything. In addition I tried a test with Parrot, 9990, and no such luck.

Any advice?

Patrick
VE7PJG'
Patrick, I just started programming mine this week. When an analog freq is programmed, the audio comes through ok; when a DMR freq is programmed, I have to hold the button in above the ptt button until a little blue speaker icon shows in the display; then the audio comes through. Each time the radio is turned off or after changing channels on a DMR system, you have to push that button in until the little blue speaker icon shows in the display. I'm trying to find a way around this, no luck so far. The Reading Hospital PD/Security uses a DMR trunk system here in Berks County, PA; and every time I turn the radio on, I have to get that blue speaker icon on or no audio comes through. Hope this helps get your audio through.

Rich - N3VMY

pgrundle

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your reply. I have the speaker icon and have pressed the PTT to access the talkgroup. Radio shows signal received and LED indicates audio with green light but I don't hear anything.

Very odd and could use some advice.

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_101737.jpg
    IMG_20200517_101737.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200517_101752.jpg
    IMG_20200517_101752.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 39

hill

Premium Subscriber
You need to make sure you have a group assigned to the DMR channels. With many talkgroups on each repeater frequency more than likely you are receive a group not programmed in the radio.

pgrundle

Premium Subscriber
Double checked the setup and everything looks right but still no audio. 2m analog repeaters are not a problem at all and either is simplex.

Quite stumped.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Double checked the setup and everything looks right but still no audio. 2m analog repeaters are not a problem at all and either is simplex.

Quite stumped.
My blue spkr icon is on the left side of the H in the upper display wihtout an x on the side. In your menu go to Buttons definitions and for button 1 short push, scroll to monitor and put that in . Then reprogram the radio and give the top button a short push and see if that doesn't change the blue speaker icon. I couldn't get a menu change to get the blue speaker icon to the right side of the H with an x thru it like on your pictures. I also put scan on/off in the bottom button short push; upper button long push is power select; bottom button long push is Zone +. Try those settings and see what happens with the audio.

Rich

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
My blue spkr icon is on the left side of the H in the upper display wihtout an x on the side. In your menu go to Buttons definitions and for button 1 short push, scroll to monitor and put that in . Then reprogram the radio and give the top button a short push and see if that doesn't change the blue speaker icon. I couldn't get a menu change to get the blue speaker icon to the right side of the H with an x thru it like on your pictures. I also put scan on/off in the bottom button short push; upper button long push is power select; bottom button long push is Zone +. Try those settings and see what happens with the audio.

Rich
I should've mentioned you need to make the changes on the computer program menu, not the radio menu itself.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.