• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT TH-UV8000D

Status
Not open for further replies.

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased this HT as a back-up and for monitoring some VHF business frequencies. Out of the box, it shows error for any frequency outside of 144-148, and 420-450. Programming it with RT software, it will accept out of band frequencies, but it will not receive them. I'm using a local weather frequency for a constant. Is there a mod needed to open the receive ? Looking through the manual, it shows the ranges as 144-148 & 420-450. I looked at the UV8000E online manual & it shows the extended receive. I was told the 'D' and 'E' radios were identical. so I purchased the 'D' model, because the vendor included a 2nd battery. Am I correct to assume now that the 'D' only works in the 2mtr & 70 cm bands, and the 'E' has the extended coverage ?

Thanks !
Phil Kozlowski, N8HAT
philkoz@hotmail.com

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried the TYT software? I'm sure the RT is better for normal use but every TYT I've had has required the TYT software to do some things. Try using the TYT software to read the radio and change the band settings and open it up to a wider range. Then write a channel or 2 to it and then try the RT software from there. I had to use a combination of software with my 9800 just to get TX inhibit to work on some channels. I would program everything in with chirp then have to read it back and inhibit with TYT. The joys of Chinese radios. Step 2 in this pdf shows the band unlock feature with TYT's software. http://blog.shibby.fr/public/Radio/TYTERA/TH-UV8000D/FrequencyMod/Uv8000DFrequencyBandsMod.pdf

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I can get the TYT software for this radio ? The disk they sent has programming software for 14 radios, but the UV8000D isn't one of them. Checked their website & keeps going to an invalid file message. I am using the RT Systems software, but I guess I need the TYT software to access some settings.

Appreciate any help. Thanks...

philkoz

Premium Subscriber

Works fine for me. Make sure you use WinRAR or something similar to extract it.
Thanks for the link. Worked perfectly. There are a couple of things that have me confused & the manual didn't really didn't cover them. I've done online searches & haven't found any definitive answers.
- What is the volume inhibit tx for ? I thought I knew its function but I didn't see any difference when I tried the different settings.
- What is changing with the different super save times ? I know how the battery save works but couldn't really find anything for this function.
- And lastly, what is the epilogue function for ?

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.