• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT/Tytera MD380 DMR HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

MOONBOOTS what you are doing is called trolling and can be very annoying WE ALL GET IT you dont like cheap radios, whether baofeng tyt...etc

Even if it means everyone who buys this radio is overpaying $20 to build up a fund so the seller doesn't take a loss on the radio replacement because Tytera will not send out a warranty replacement? So everyone who buys this radio is paying to fund a "warranty" whether their radio goes bad, or not. I guess that works.

It beats paying 2k or more for a motorola which this radio will outperform /\/\ in a LOT of ways being that you dont have to pay seperately for programming software!

So question why troll here since you are so anti chinese radios when this thread and subforum is for the budget radios??? Find a new hobby please its annoying. Thanks...
2K for a Motorola DMR radio? Where are you getting your numbers? I just picked one up 2 weeks ago for $100. OTOH, the Covalue Chinese radios sold by CSI such as the CS700, CS750, CS800 seem to work quite well, & have a warranty here in the USA provided by CSI. Hytera also made in China is an EXCELLENT radio, & in some ways preferable to a Motorola. I have one of them too, & Hytera provides factory sales, & service in the USA also. So I'm not against all Chinese radios, just the garbage put out by Tytera, where there is ZERO factory service available in this country. If they would set up a factory authorized importer in the USA, who would provide factory service, & sales of spare parts, I would stop badmouthing them.

seth21w

2K for a Motorola DMR radio? Where are you getting your numbers? I just picked one up 2 weeks ago for $100. OTOH, the Covalue Chinese radios sold by CSI such as the CS700, CS750, CS800 seem to work quite well, & have a warranty here in the USA provided by CSI. Hytera also made in China is an EXCELLENT radio, & in some ways preferable to a Motorola. I have one of them too, & Hytera provides factory sales, & service in the USA also. So I'm not against all Chinese radios, just the garbage put out by Tytera, where there is ZERO factory service available in this country. If they would set up a factory authorized importer in the USA, who would provide factory service, & sales of spare parts, I would stop badmouthing them.

Ok so the xpr7550 lets just pick this one, for now is 700 dollars, the programming cable another 100, not included, if you want to use any antenna other than stock, 200 dollars for a 5 dollar max adapter. So you may get this 3 yo radio working for around 1k unless you buy a used one, which i wouldnt. Motorola is made in Malaysia. So you go ahead, but get out of here if you have no good input this thread is for md380!

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Ok so the xpr7550 lets just pick this one, for now is 700 dollars, the programming cable another 100, not included, if you want to use any antenna other than stock, 200 dollars for a 5 dollar max adapter. So you may get this 3 yo radio working for around 1k unless you buy a used one, which i wouldnt. Motorola is made in Malaysia. So you go ahead, but get out of here if you have no good input this thread is for md380!

A friend just bought one new at a hamfest still under warranty for $500. I purchased my Motorola XPR programming cable for $60 on eBay (the 7550 has Bluetooth and can be programmed over that as well and most people already have Bluetooth equipped computers). A CPS subscription runs $180 if memory serves correct for 3 years (you'll get at least 6 software updates in that). If feeling really needy, Tecnet makes a programming cable for their TPD-1000 radios which retails for $15 and is the exact same pin out as the XPR cable. You can't put an aftermarket adapter on a second generation XPR…the adapter is for service only and shouldn't be used for external use.

Not as expensive as people think…I paid $225 for my XPR6550 two years ago, it was new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Look at my friend Al. Picked up a mint XPR6550 that still had the protective plastic on the screen for $200. The 6550 uses the common SMA antenna, so no adapter is needed. Al's best friend is Rick who owns the 7 repeater system we all use. They get together every Saturday for breakfast, so should Al need any radio programming done to his 6550, Rick takes care of it. So Al didn't have to spend a cent on CPS, or a cable. Should Al need any parts, or accessories for his 6550, he goes on line & a local Moto dealer sends the package to his front door for $2.45. Since Al lives a few miles from the Moto factory in Plantation, there's plenty of factory trained technicians who are all hams like Al who live near him who could fix his radio should it become necessary. [doubt it will] No brainer to me.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Ok so you might luck up and find some deals but I still prefer my md380 because of the ability to monitor all talk groups and ids on an unknown system...

You can do that with Simoco's radios as well. You can even monitor trunking such as tier 3 (Motorolas capacity max) and mpt1327 but that's a different story. You won't find a sub-$500 deal on those.

IW2BSF

sorry a BIG questions for any expert on DMR:

1) in USA and America sud (brazil, argentina ect....) what is the sisyem more used by ham-radio ?
d-star, c4fm yaesu or dmr ?

2) how is the know BUGs in this radio ? the problem in the volume and ...?

3) in how mode i create a DIRECT CALL to another ham-radio ?

4) but, if the TYT DM-30 and Retevis Rt3 si the same radio... how product this TYT or retevis or
none of this two , another mark and this TYT and retevis branded this ? or ???

best 73

KD2FIQ

My MD-380 just isn't working out right and I am not clear why. Often, I will press PTT and nothing will happen. The radio controls will freeze and become unresponsive with the exception of the volume on off dial. I need to turn it off and back on for it to come back.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you checked to see if you have the most recent radio firmware?

KD2FIQ

I will give that a shot. If it does not fix the problems, I am going to send it back to where I got it from (Let's Get Ready). Right now, it's just very frustrating to use. Unfortunately, I still have not got the hang of DMR. I find all the programming cumbersome to do from scratch. I haven't got my hands on a regional codeplug.

JRayfield

Motorola DMR radios do NOT cost $2000 or more. Not even close. And there's no way that a 'cheap Chinese' radio will outperform a Motorola commercial radio "in a LOT of ways".

I just don't understand why people on these forums have to make incorrect and unsubstantiated statements as 'fact'. Some people, who don't know better, might actually believe these 'incorrect statements' and accept them as 'truth'.

Try being accurate for once. The internet is already full of bunch of inaccurate 'garbage'.

John Rayfield, Jr.

MOONBOOTS what you are doing is called trolling and can be very annoying WE ALL GET IT you dont like cheap radios, whether baofeng tyt...etc

Even if it means everyone who buys this radio is overpaying $20 to build up a fund so the seller doesn't take a loss on the radio replacement because Tytera will not send out a warranty replacement? So everyone who buys this radio is paying to fund a "warranty" whether their radio goes bad, or not. I guess that works.

It beats paying 2k or more for a motorola which this radio will outperform /\/\ in a LOT of ways being that you dont have to pay seperately for programming software!

So question why troll here since you are so anti chinese radios when this thread and subforum is for the budget radios??? Find a new hobby please its annoying. Thanks...

N8OHU

Motorola DMR radios do NOT cost $2000 or more. Not even close. And there's no way that a 'cheap Chinese' radio will outperform a Motorola commercial radio "in a LOT of ways".

I just don't understand why people on these forums have to make incorrect and unsubstantiated statements as 'fact'. Some people, who don't know better, might actually believe these 'incorrect statements' and accept them as 'truth'.

Try being accurate for once. The internet is already full of bunch of inaccurate 'garbage'.

John Rayfield, Jr.
John, some folks want to make Motorola MotoTRBO stuff seem way out of reach of the common ham so they exaggerate the cost.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber

Shucks John, I just forked out ~$2000 for a new DMR repeater!

The only way my MD-380 "outperforms" my XPR7550 is that it doesn't fall over as easily. Must be because of the slightly wider base and shorter height resulting in a lower center of gravity. Well, just to be fully accurate being able to use an external antenna on the MD-380 is also a plus factor... :lol:

fyrfyter33

Did you try here? http://www.k1tmm.info/dmr

There is a program on the DMR yahoo group and also on Hoosier DMR that will convert code plugs between the CS radios and the Tyt models. Try going after that. It's probably the easiest way to get the radio on the air while you learn the software.

bradrnstyle

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the encryption basic/advanced are compatable between the TYT MD380 and the new CS800 mobile? Both have it built in. (This is for land mobile use not ham so please don't lecture me about FCC rules).

Maxmyd_

Hello, dear colleagues!
Excuse me for my bad English, I use online translator.
I congratulate you with New year and Christmas.
Today I became the owner of the MD-380. Before buying this camera, I read a lot about it. But now there is a question the answer to which I have never managed to find. In the CPS program MD 380 I created a contact list and each contact is given a name. When scanning channels TYT shows on the display ID of the contact, but does not show their name. What you need to do to see the names?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.