• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT/Tytera MD380 DMR HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxmyd_

<You have to set in the software the name for the user ID just like you have to set the name for the talk group number.>

Thanks for the reply. BUT! The channels ' names, name of group, name of the scan list, the zone name, names of contacts included in the programme. The name of the channel the display shows the name of the zone is also visible. But the name of the contact 380 is not showing. The only visible ID of the contact. I tried different customization options. The result is negative. The name is not visible. What do I do?

IW2BSF

if you interest i create a simply GUIDE very simply and step by step to put the MD380TOOLS

into the radio via Ubuntu but NOT installed in the computer ma in a usb memory key !

here:

https://rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/nuovi-articoli-2016/

sorry in italian language, please use if you whant google translate !

after you see on your display NOT only the id number ma all the data of the ham-radio on air !

AMAZING !!!

best 73 de IW2BSF Rudy

Attachments

• honk kong OM.jpg
    honk kong OM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,270

Maxmyd_

If I understand correctly, it is necessary to download ready contact list from the Internet. But I set myself another goal. In CPS MD380 I created my list of contacts, which are not on the Internet. It is stored on the hard disk. With it I want to work.
The radio set MD380tools. But many of the items on its menu I do not understand. And some settings are not saved.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hmm not possible to edit the Post?
ok... What is different between the MD-380, MD-380G (GPS anything other) and MD-390?
Someone say there is a MD-390G Version to?

When I buy for example 3 or more Radio with GPS how can every Radio get the GPS Data out to see on a walk where everyone is?

ahboood

Does anyone else ever notice while in scan mode the radio will still show scanning but not pick up any transmissions, analog or digital. And a power off/on will resume traffic.

Yes, its been happening with my radio since day one.

stephen43011

Premium Subscriber
USB problem using cable for MD 380

Can anyone help. I just got my TYT MD 380 radio and loaded the newest software on the computer. When I try programming it I get an error of USB occupied or not connected. I have Windows 10. The USB setting always says its a Prolific. I was reading where a STM DFU should be listed for that port. Not able to find it anywhere.
If any one can help that would be great.

Thanks
Steve
KC8YED

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You're using the wrong cable. TYT radios have their own USB chip, and using a Baofeng-style cable with a USB chip in the cable WILL NOT work. Only the TYT factory cable will work.

IW2BSF

the cable is different form Baofeng or others....NOT used it !!!

is easy to home made is a simply cable direct jack to usb port !

Meestor_X

Please excuse the newbie question, but I'm trying to find out if when this radio is in analog mode if there is any latency (delay) between pressing the PTT and being able to transmit? (Maybe a stupid question as analog-only radios have no delay, but just not sure how these hybrids work)

N8OHU

Please excuse the newbie question, but I'm trying to find out if when this radio is in analog mode if there is any latency (delay) between pressing the PTT and being able to transmit? (Maybe a stupid question as analog-only radios have no delay, but just not sure how these hybrids work)
No; in analog, it's no different than any other radio. Even in digital, the delay isn't really noticeable to most users.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Meestor_X

No; in analog, it's no different than any other radio. Even in digital, the delay isn't really noticeable to most users.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thank you. So no latency in analog? What's the latency in digital mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
@Meestor_X
Dont be rude you can edit your post.

The Delay in Digi comes from the Digi Protokoll. The need first send some Data to signalise other Radio/ Repeater that you send something.

Status
Not open for further replies.