• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT/Tytera MD380 DMR HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thank you. What is the latency on these radios in digital mode?
Is it 0 when in analog mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Latency is similar to a digital cell phone. Somewhere between 150-250ms from the rime you say something untill you hear it come out from another radio.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The Delay in Digi comes from the Digi Protokoll. The need first send some Data to signalise other Radio/ Repeater that you send something.

The delay in audio is from going from A->D in the transmitter and from D->A in the receiver. I imagine there is a slight delay added at the repeater when FEC is applied to the incoming signal. Regardless, even when operating simplex there is still a delay in the audio

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
When operating digital, the radios send a 'wake-up/sync burst to the repeater, the repeater replys to the radio, then the radio starts sending voice. Usually the delay is short. Unless you are on the fringe and it takes more than one packet to wake the repeater.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There is a delay with digital even when not using a repeater.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yes because the radio is send some prefix who need some ms.

Meestor_X

Latency is similar to a digital cell phone. Somewhere between 150-250ms from the rime you say something untill you hear it come out from another radio.
If it's as low as 150-250ms that's pretty good. My DTR radios have latencies over 1 sec.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
If it's as low as 150-250ms that's pretty good. My DTR radios have latencies over 1 sec.

If using a DMR radio on a duplex frequency pair(Receive and Transmit frequencies) the radio will send a series of packets(My CS-700 transmits 4 times in about 2 seconds and then give a 'bonk' until you release the PTT if there is not a repeater in range) to sync time slots. If there is a DMR repeater with in range, it will reply, in between sync packets from the subscriber, to sync up.

Once sync'd, the radio will transmit and start sending voice data.

I would guess on a repeater, from PTT to hearing voice, needing only 1 sync transmission, would be around 400ms. Anything longer would be caused by the repeater not hearing the subscriber transmit its first sync packet.

If using a DMR radio on a simplex frequency(Receive and Transmit frequencies are the same) the radio will just blindly transmit(At least my CS-700 does).

Meestor_X

Thank you for your replies. I wouldn't be using this radio with repeaters. Just looking at inexpensive delay-free radios with private/group calling features, and this one seemed interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There is no delay-free digital radio. It's an unavoidable side effect of processing speech into packets of data, transmitting the packets, and decoding the packets back into audio.

You'll only notice it if you're close enough to hear the other radio's speaker.

Meestor_X

There is no delay-free digital radio. It's an unavoidable side effect of processing speech into packets of data, transmitting the packets, and decoding the packets back into audio.

You'll only notice it if you're close enough to hear the other radio's speaker.
Thank you. I'm quite aware of this, that's why I'm interested to know if the analog mode on this radio is delay-free, and if so, what features still work in that mode, if any.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Thank you. I'm quite aware of this, that's why I'm interested to know if the analog mode on this radio is delay-free, and if so, what features still work in that mode, if any.

All radios have some delay. With analog FM, the delay is too small to perceive.

Other than scanning and PL tones, none of the digital features work in analog mode, like talkgroups, radio-to-radio calls, remote monitor, emergency mode, GPS locating, etc.

Meestor_X

Thanks everyone. I picked up a couple of these radios, and while there's no noticeable delay on normal channels, when using scan there is a delay on the first PTT. I've started another thread to ask about this.

steve2001

-380 Frequency range

The software contains three options for range, the standard VHF, 409-480 and 450-520. If you have a 400-480 radio can you simply select the 450-520 and program frequencies accordingly? Some Chinese radios allow this. Much thanks in advance.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
The software contains three options for range, the standard VHF, 409-480 and 450-520. If you have a 400-480 radio can you simply select the 450-520 and program frequencies accordingly? Some Chinese radios allow this. Much thanks in advance.

Have you had any reception, when programming frequencies about 480 MHz? I tried creating a codeplug with frequencies above 480, but cannot receive anything. I have it near my scanner, to verify that I should be hearing something, but no luck. Just curious.

I forgot to mention that the codeplug that I created has a combination of channels above and below 480 MHz. I am receiving the ones below 480 MHz, but above is deaf.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have to select the software option that matches your radio. The different ranges are hardware, not software settings.

steve2001

I haven't tried this so I'm not sure if it works. I have worked out how to program out of band. I have been able to enter RX freq upto 498.000mhz.
Change this in the setup.ini

Original value is

freq2=[400-480MHz]
data2=00400048

Change to the following
freq2=[400-520MHz]
data2=00400052

The last two numbers determines the frequency.

You can then enter any freq from the keypad you like upto around 498.

My radio works really well.

The only problem is that when you program your radio using the software it will only only you to enter VHF 136 - 174.

If you ever want to go back to original just change the values in the setup.ini back to original

bjornepappa

Last edited by a moderator:

county

Premium Subscriber
Hello! So the MD380 doesn't seem to want to go back to OEM firmware after upgrading to the Travis GoodSpeed MD380 Tools with full user database. The radio is stuck in an infinite boot up loop. Any advice/experience in doing an OEM firmware restoral?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.