U-City Dispatches going over CCE911 Admin

SirtifiedIdiot

Premium Subscriber
Franklin County - St Louis County Missouri
While listening to my CCE South Zone, I noticed that my G5 was picking up CCE911 Admin, which they are normally doing testing and is interesting to listen to, however this time I noticed that it was U-City being dispatched, I know they were supposed to be on the North Zone, could be a part of the USDD Upgrade? I am going to see if I can also hear them on North Dispatch. Just found it to be interesting.

llzel

Premium Subscriber
What? U City abandoning their dispatch? It would make sense because they staff an entire 911 dispatch center for police and fire and have so few calls. However, I wish they would move to East Central so I could monitor with the other munis close by. If they do go to CCE North they would be far south of Page, the cutoff.
As an edit, I'm pretty close with the Ucity government and this topic has never come up. A further edit, Fire would go to CCE but police would go to?? STLCO Police dispatch?

Last edited:

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
They have been dispatched on North for a few weeks. When was this?

llzel

Premium Subscriber
I've been out of the area for 3 weeks and haven't been listening. CCE Facebook page CCE started March 1st Dispatching U City.

Last edited:

llzel

Premium Subscriber
In asking around, U City mans a 911 dispatch center. They dispatch their police and fire/EMS. They have been short handed for some time and it finally got critical. They still receive the U City 911 calls and transfer the fire/ems calls to CCE. They are still actively hiring dispatchers and would like to return back

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Wondering out loud, Since University City switched to CCE north, I'm forced to hear too many calls. I have a unication G4 pager. Is there way to program tones or something to just receive Ucity?

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, not with the way CCE dispatches over 800, they just use a single attention tone for all pages. This will probably not change since they are moving to IP based paging.
when you say IP based paging, is that the same as Palm Beach County Fire where the page is a computer voice and no longer a human?

SirtifiedIdiot

Premium Subscriber
Franklin County - St Louis County Missouri
when you say IP based paging, is that the same as Palm Beach County Fire where the page is a computer voice and no longer a human?
Yes, while they may not use the computer voice, it is still the same type of paging, they will discontinue their VHF paging in favor of doing over the internet, You will still be able to hear it on North and South Dispatch I suppose however it will still remain 1 tone for all departments, since the computers tell which station to activate, instead of the 2 tone system. I have seen in another thread however I can't remember which one it was, but they said that CCE will switch to computer voice on top of the IP based paging, I have also seen on their facebook that they have purchased the hardware and it is being installed currently to all stations and into the dispatch center. @bdzig may be able to further explain or correct me if I am wrong because I do believe he was the one to mention it in the other thread.

llzel

Premium Subscriber
I looked at CCE911 facebook page and it does appear that they are adding IP paging to all the stations. It also said East central and Kirkwood are switching. Surprised they are relying solely on the internet for station dispatch. It also stated that the system would provide the dispatch "freeing the dispatcher" to continue with.... so sounds like computer voice is coming.