U.S. adds border security post at Selfridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey60

I bet they use their own IWN System. if they have a tower that is close enough. If not I bet they would go to the MPSCS system but I would say it would be encrypted :(

Border patrol has talkgroups on the MPSCS, and conventional VHF frequencies as well in the Detroit area. The VHF is usually encrypted, although occasionally radios come through in the clear.

There are no IWN sites outside of Oregon and Washington state AFAIK. The site listed in the UP has not been confirmed to be part of IWN that I know of.

Mike

Josh

One the Detroit border patrol repeater, most mobile units are in the clear. The base-side used to be, but isn't anymore "station 700", ID 700. It was worth listening to while it was in the clear, but since half of it is now covered up, I stopped listening...

It's almost as bad as all those small canadian towns with their conventional VHF digital systems, encrypted full-time.

-Josh

KMTC

Apparently they're having a ceremony on Friday with some aircraft so I'm considering going out to get a look. Also one of my coworkers who is in the Air Nasty Guard is getting an F-16D ride that day, so I can kill two birds w/ one stone and watch both.

seamusg

ST. CLAIR SHORES: Windsor man held in illegal immigration case

A 36-year-old Windsor man was being held in the Wayne County Jail after waiving a detention hearing Monday in federal court after authorities said he was caught in Macomb County bringing four illegal immigrants from China to the United States.

Prosecutors are reviewing charges for Giorgio Lo Iacono after he was found with two women and two boys on a pleasure boat Thursday.

Sheriff's marine safety officers were conducting training maneuvers in the canals between marinas in St. Clair Shores when they saw the vessel come in without a 360-degree light on the boat, Capt. Tony Wickersham said.

They stopped the boat and found the four people in the cabin, said Kurstan Rosberg, supervisory agent with the U.S. Border Patrol, Detroit sector.

Rosberg said the four would eventually face an immigration judge.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
ST. CLAIR SHORES: Windsor man held in illegal immigration case

A 36-year-old Windsor man was being held in the Wayne County Jail after waiving a detention hearing Monday in federal court after authorities said he was caught in Macomb County bringing four illegal immigrants from China to the United States.

Prosecutors are reviewing charges for Giorgio Lo Iacono after he was found with two women and two boys on a pleasure boat Thursday.

Sheriff's marine safety officers were conducting training maneuvers in the canals between marinas in St. Clair Shores when they saw the vessel come in without a 360-degree light on the boat, Capt. Tony Wickersham said.

They stopped the boat and found the four people in the cabin, said Kurstan Rosberg, supervisory agent with the U.S. Border Patrol, Detroit sector.

Rosberg said the four would eventually face an immigration judge.

Note: See Lindsay's request regarding postings of new stories
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113848

(Link to your story):
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080812/NEWS04/808120345/1006

bigbluemsp

I still don't understand the logic behind that becuase this is the only place Ive heard of that has been hassled by the media outlets for posting of news stories.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I still don't understand the logic behind that becuase this is the only place Ive heard of that has been hassled by the media outlets for posting of news stories.

Most have legal mumble-jumble at the bottom of the article, similar to this:

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

But even if it isn't there, it still applies. It's been a gray area on blogs, etc, but apparently some of them are saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.