U.s.c.g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseymilair

Monitored the CG last night during a SAR at approx. 8pm. Three helos, RESCUE 6581, 6584 and 6568 were searching the area of the Manasquan River in Point and surrounding areas for a vessel taking on water. Mentioned coordinates of 40.06.2 and 074.02.4. Comms were on 157.175 (CH. 82) and 345.000 (Air-Ops Primary). Both helos were on radio guard from Station Atlantic City.
The 345.000 frequency was referred to several times as UNIFORM 4.
Steve
jerseymilair

Last edited:

DJ88

Click on this link, story in today's Asbury Park Press about what you heard. BTW, it doesn't say this in the article, but the fishing vessel capsized. I heard the Coast Guard this morning on Channel 22, 157.100, broadcasting a message to all boaters about it and the two missing crew members.

http://app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060630/NEWS/606300377

Edit: Just looked at the article again, and this happened last night (Thursday 6/29), so apparently it wasn't the same thing you heard. My apologies for the error.

DJ88

Just an FYI for anyone who monitors the Coast Guard, Sandy Hook Station uses VHF repeater frequency 164.9125 PL 103.5. I have heard activity on here in Brick. I just heard a conversation a short while ago between two people reference to being able to see two boats, one flying an American flag and a Puerto Rican flag. I don't know if it was CG and a vessel or two vessels talking.

Gilligan

Database Admin
DJ88 said:
Coast Guard, Sandy Hook Station uses VHF repeater frequency 164.9125 PL 103.5.
Please make sure you submit this. I hope to go to Sandy Hook sometime soon and I'm sure USCG would be interesting to monitor. Thanks

cabletek73

Hmmm, question -

DJ88 said:
Just an FYI for anyone who monitors the Coast Guard, Sandy Hook Station uses VHF repeater frequency 164.9125 PL 103.5. I have heard activity on here in Brick. I just heard a conversation a short while ago between two people reference to being able to see two boats, one flying an American flag and a Puerto Rican flag. I don't know if it was CG and a vessel or two vessels talking.

Ive been listening to this freq for well over a year now, I thought this repeater was located near Station NY (Staten Island).. One day I actually went over to Station to visit the store there and heard this repeater much better then I usually do here in Bergen County. In any event, every now and then they refer to this freq as "south"... Which makes me think there is another repeater covering the "north"? You guys may be right with it being located in Sandy Hook, (and thats why they call it south) Im wondering if anyone knows about a north repeater and its freq..

Have a great day!

Rod

jerseymilair

SAR in Ocean County

USCG currently conducting a SAR in the area of the ICW(Inter-Coastal Waterway) marker 36 & 34. Looking for a white male in the water wearing blue jeans. Search has been going on since 8pm. Comms are on 157.100 and 157.175. Several helos and rescue boats are working the area. State Police were monitored using 157.100 also as well as the Silverton Rescue Fire Company using the same frequency. Also monitored VTAC 2 frequency(154.4525) (unknown user)mentioning searching Good Luck Point to Longport. Vessels and helos are also searching Silver Bay. Helos and boats also doing gris searches in the area of 39.56.159N and 074.05.743W.
This was the first time I have monitored State Police and Silverton Rescue on 157.100. 345.000 USCG Air-Ops Primary also had some activity with Station AC in comms with the helos.
Steve
jerseymilair

eclipse3256

last nite at 02:09 the coastguard was hit out for a person in water on the shores of normandy beach the person was located and taken to CMC along with the coast guard was dover and lavallette police departments state police and ocean beach fore company great job guys!!

DJ88

02:09 ? I was listening around 9 or 10 PM (don't remember exactly) and heard the activity. The VHF Marine frequencies were very active, but I didn't hear anything on any of the AM (2-300 MHz) frequencies, don't know if they were using them or not.

DJ88

There were two separate incidents. In one, a guy fell from a boat in Barnegat Bay. The other, an intoxicated male attempted to swim from Lavallette to the mainland. State Police recovered a body up against a pier near the bridge in Seaside Heights around 7 this morning.

Bentley

DJ....any idea which incident the body was from? The boater or the swimmer? I heard both incidents, as of about 11 PM last night they had no luck locating anything.

I actually went over to pier 1 (the jet ski rental place) at the base of the Mathis bridge lastnight from around 10 to 11 to check it out...I was bored and dont live to far. I figured I wouldn't be "in the way" while on shore.

DJ88

According to an article in the Press, it was the guy who fell off the boat. They didn't mention the other incident but I found that out from someone. I have no idea which one I was listening to, but as I said, from like 9-ish until 11 when, I called it a day.

jerseymilair

3:03 pm
237.900 (Air Ops Secondary) active with two helos (callsign DOLPHIN) discussing aircraft below them "being nosy". Sounds like they are in a training mission. Discussing altitude and speed and tracking.
Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.