U.S. Govt. Vans W/ Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

FEMA used to have several large white trucks at their regional facility in Denton.
I haven't drove by there in about 10 years so I don't know what they look like now or how they are marked.

Tom

K5MAR

Ahh-h-h! Didn't know that FEMA had a regional facility in Denton! Although I would expect FEMA vehicles to have some kind of markings, this seems to be the best fit to what Terry told me, given the existence of the facility, and the fact that he has seen the vehicles in that area on several ocassions.

BTW Tom, if you should hear KD5NKB on the air, that's Terry. Say Hi! He's down that way frequently on work-related business.

Mark S.

CommShrek

neonhomer said:
I've seen vans of similar design here in Florida. White, 3/4ton GM vans, heavy duty, box extension, dark glass. However, these vans had the typical Florida "Black & Yellow state" plates. (Like on cop cars & etc). The one I saw had a Wilson cell antenna, 102" steel whip, and 4 stubby antennas (one on each corner).

For a heavy duty van, it was sitting a little low in the back. The van was equipped with a Heavy duty reciever (Reese style) hitch, which looked like sees regular use.

This sounds like some Florida DOC vans I used to drive "back in the day". Circa 1998-2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.