U.S. Marshals Service P25 TRS (BEE00-4F0)

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
None that have been identified, otherwise they would've been discussed here or listed in the database. If you live in Ocean County, I would suggest searching through the federal VHF and UHF bands to see if you discover any control channels for 4F0.

Though it's Burlington and not Ocean, it would be advisable to keep an eye on FCI Fort Dix's system to see if it disappears or suddenly becomes P25 Standard rather than Type II SmartNet. If the federal detention and correctional facilities in the region are changing, it would a logical one to watch.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I thought I almost had one of these sites last night. I saw a 4D5 NAC scroll by on DSD+ main window on 171.2625, but when I was finally able to decode it, it was a MOSWIN site, I believe. 🤦‍♂️👎

That's aMOSWIN Freq but NOT a MOSWIN NAC

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Putting this here and not a submission cause I'm not 100% sure how @GTR8000 wants to handle it without the usual OCD details. My brother went hunting tonight and Site 001 is definitely Lower Manhattan, with the strongest RSSI of -40 in front of the courthouse/MCC New York. The site was receivable in Brooklyn in the area of MDC Brooklyn, but not nearly as strong and there were numerous deaf spots. Your call GTR.

Also, again, he found no sign of Site 102 in Brooklyn. But he started picking it up in extreme eastern Queens. So...Nassau still fits.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Putting this here and not a submission cause I'm not 100% sure how @GTR8000 wants to handle it without the usual OCD details. My brother went hunting tonight and Site 001 is definitely Lower Manhattan, with the strongest RSSI of -40 in front of the courthouse/MCC New York. The site was receivable in Brooklyn in the area of MDC Brooklyn, but not nearly as strong and there were numerous deaf spots. Your call GTR.

Also, again, he found no sign of Site 102 in Brooklyn. But he started picking it up in extreme eastern Queens. So...Nassau still fits.
I guess the better question is whether or not he was receiving the old MCC New York SmartZone system while he was there. If there's no sign of that anymore, then it's fairly conclusive that they've migrated to the 4F0 system.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I guess the better question is whether or not he was receiving the old MCC New York SmartZone system while he was there. If there's no sign of that anymore, then it's fairly conclusive that they've migrated to the 4F0 system.

He didn't mention checking it. But based on signals, it can confidently be at least narrowed from New York City Area to Lower Manhattan.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I will chime in with a signal report. About 25-30 miles due West of downtown. A very decent signal from Site 1. 406.6125. Not a micro site. ID TG 65536 continuous.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to wonder also. With U.S. Bureau of Prisons starting to show up, if the trend continues, would it perhaps in the future be more appropriate to label the system as Department of Justice instead of just U.S. Marshals?

Nothing heard here on MCC primary or Alt CC.

He took a ride over to Exchange Place in Jersey City this morning and didn't receive anything either on the SmartZone, but that's inconclusive due to the Concrete Jungle problems. I'm trying to coax Sean back into the city to check, but he hates the place. He's very confident Site 1 is located in the Court/MCC complex on Pearl between Park Row and Center Street in Lower Manhattan. He did note however he didn't see any affiliations to Site 1.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Let's get Sites 1 and 102 positively identified, and then we'll consider another name change to the system. If Site 1 is indeed the MCC, I'd like someone to log some actual activity so we can determine if those talkgroups are also secure. I'm not confident enough in a report from 25-30 miles away that the MCC SZ system is indeed dead, that will have to be confirmed by someone in the vicinity of the complex.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Let's get Sites 1 and 102 positively identified, and then we'll consider another name change to the system. If Site 1 is indeed the MCC, I'd like someone to log some actual activity so we can determine if those talkgroups are also secure. I'm not confident enough in a report from 25-30 miles away that the MCC SZ system is indeed dead, that will have to be confirmed by someone in the vicinity of the complex.

Okay, straight from the ground, per Sean the MCC New York SmartZone system is alive and well. No changes to it of any kind noted. It is still very active. There is no activity noted on Site 1 other than BSI. Today's signal checks still indicate Site 1 to be in the immediate area of the Court/MCC complex.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I will chime in with a signal report. About 25-30 miles due West of downtown. A very decent signal from Site 1. 406.6125. Not a micro site. ID TG 65536 continuous.

I also would like to chime in that I'm a mile or so from Tappan Zee bridge and I have a full quieting signal on 406.6125 as well.
Seems like Site 1 is actually a simulcast system

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If Site 1 were simulcast, it would be fairly easy to determine by looking on a scope. It could just be a very good high site in Manhattan...no shortage of tall buildings to put a site on.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
If Site 1 were simulcast, it would be fairly easy to determine by looking on a scope. It could just be a very good high site in Manhattan...no shortage of tall buildings to put a site on.

Unitrunker scope image work sufficiently for you?

To contribute signal data, it apparently is barely receivable north of 6th & 34th. Granted though that could be the 'terrain' so to speak.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
C4FM (ASR)
1632718776488.png

LSM/H-DQPSK (Simulcast)
1632718891272.png

Just note that UT 2.1 tends to bounce between the two demodulators, depending on signal strength and other factors. It's not perfect, but the Disc scope display tends to be fairly clear cut.

C4FM (ASR)
1632719027512.png

LSM/H-DQPSK (Simulcast)
1632719114414.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The site peers for this system are interesting, to say the least.

If Site 1 is booming across the NYC Metro area (I can pick it up in the northern Rockland area), then why isn't the Randolph site a peer, yet Trenton is? Eh? And why is the site in CT the only peer of the Randolph site? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense on paper.

Screenshot 2021-09-27 011954.jpg

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Ask and ye shall receive.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 8