U.S. Navy Blue Angels to Fly Over Los Angeles Sunday 9/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Sorry no frequency info...

U.S. Navy Blue Angels to Fly Over Los Angeles Sunday 9/22

WHO: U.S. NAVY Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team

WHAT: Los Angeles residents in some areas will be treated to a brief flyover of the US Navy’s elite Blue Angels on Sunday evening as they do a 20 minute orientation tour over the City.

WHEN: Sunday September 22 between 6:00pm and 7:00pm

WHERE: The planned route is to enter the San Fernando Valley from the northwest to Burbank Airport, Dodger Stadium, circle Downtown LA to the Observatory and the Hollywood sign, across LAX and down to the Harbor over the Battleship Iowa at the Port of Los Angeles. Residents in nearby areas should be able to see them from open areas.

WHY: The Blue Angels will be transitioning from their Central Valley show this weekend and heading to San Diego for their next performance.

prcguy

I went down to the LA harbor about 1/2 mi south of the Battleship Iowa with my old Yupi MVT-7100 and heard lots of Blue Angles chatter on several freqs. After a quick flyover near the Iowa at maybe 1,000ft (kind of disappointing) they flew off south east and I continued to hear them call out stuff they would say during an event, so they may have been doing more demos down the coast.

The last freq I heard them on was 284.250.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, 284.250 at Lemoore NAS earlier today. Well, the lead or main pilot used that freq for the vocal cadence when they performed. Simplex chatter was mostly on 237.800.

I remember hearing someone do a similar vocal cadence one evening a year or so ago as well. No other chatter though, so it may have been lead flying solo and working it out. If one does not know what it is when they hear it, it must be pretty trippy to hear someone sort of singing on a mil freq. I should have recorded it.

prcguy

I was at the Hunting Beach air show a year back and I think it was the Thunderbirds at that show. I had some of their freqs and it was fun hearing the chatter between pilots and the lead guy calling the shots. You could hear his voice tighten up when the G forces got to him and sometimes it sounded like he was singing a little song calling out the maneuvers. The lead guy sounded like Jim Carey and during some stunts he would chant "more power, more power, mooooooor pooooooooowerrrrrrrrrrrrr, break!"

Yeah, 284.250 at Lemoore NAS earlier today. Well, the lead or main pilot used that freq for the vocal cadence when they performed. Simplex chatter was mostly on 237.800.

I remember hearing someone do a similar vocal cadence one evening a year or so ago as well. No other chatter though, so it may have been lead flying solo and working it out. If one does not know what it is when they hear it, it must be pretty trippy to hear someone sort of singing on a mil freq. I should have recorded it.

W6KRU

I was at the Hunting Beach air show a year back and I think it was the Thunderbirds at that show. I had some of their freqs and it was fun hearing the chatter between pilots and the lead guy calling the shots. You could hear his voice tighten up when the G forces got to him and sometimes it sounded like he was singing a little song calling out the maneuvers. The lead guy sounded like Jim Carey and during some stunts he would chant "more power, more power, mooooooor pooooooooowerrrrrrrrrrrrr, break!"

I used to live very close to El Toro. Every year I would take the trails up in the hills and park above the base for the Blue Angels show. I would put an external speaker on top of pickup cab and sit in the bed on the beer cooler. I remember a couple guys using the more power call. One guy would make us laugh with a comical Popp Ziggy call on breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.