Uasd 246/396/bct15/996

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommRX

I have the latest versions(I think) of all software programs. In the "Extended Online Control" option on the UASD BCT15 there is a way to log talkgroups OR TGID/frequencies ("Logging" tab at top right). On the UASD 246 / 396, it appears I can only do talkgroup logging, and not frequencies.

Am I missing something?

Although I normally have the BCT 15 hooked up to my home computer, It would be nice to do frequency logging on the laptop with the handheld radios.

Paul, can you have frequency logging added to the extended online control on the UASD 246 and 396?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
CommRX said:
I have the latest versions(I think) of all software programs. In the "Extended Online Control" option on the UASD BCT15 there is a way to log talkgroups OR TGID/frequencies ("Logging" tab at top right). On the UASD 246 / 396, it appears I can only do talkgroup logging, and not frequencies.

Am I missing something?

Although I normally have the BCT 15 hooked up to my home computer, It would be nice to do frequency logging on the laptop with the handheld radios.

Paul, can you have frequency logging added to the extended online control on the UASD 246 and 396?
You may want to try Scannerbase AVC246 and AVC396. While these freeware programs do not do scanner programming, they do allow for virtual control, talkgroup & conventional frequency logging, as well as audio recording. AVC396 also works with the BR330T.

CommRX

hiegtx said:
You may want to try Scannerbase AVC246 and AVC396. While these freeware programs do not do scanner programming, they do allow for virtual control, talkgroup & conventional frequency logging, as well as audio recording. AVC396 also works with the BR330T.

Yes, I have and do use both of those programs. They work very well, particulary for recording. Many thanks to the writer of the program. The only difference between AVC and UASD is the fact that when you are logging, UASD will do a channel count, and not repeat frequencies. AVC will log all transmissions individually...It makes for a longer log file to sort through.

anojcm

bct 15 sofware

If a person have the software code for the bct15 uasd please cant you give me them if you wont

tank in advance for your collaboration

you cant e mail me in the adress [address removed]

Moderator Edit:
You are new here, this is your first post. Don't request illegal acts on this board in the future or you will be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Sharing USAD Database Files Between 396 / BCT15

Due to the likely internal differences (assumption) between the database files used on the 396/15/996/245, etc., will I be able to use them on other Uniden scanners that use USAD? For example, I have a 396 and will soon add a 15 and/or 996 to the stable. The database is already created for the 396--it would be nice to use and thus not rekey everything for the other units. If one were to point the different USAD programs to the same database, I'd also assume that some data elements could be lost or corrupted (especially if one exceeded the limits of one scanner or the other). Is there a "best" way to share the database between different model scanners (and their respective USAD programs)? (Yes, perhaps just go to Butel s/w and copy/paste?)

rbm

bc780l said:
Due to the likely internal differences (assumption) between the database files used on the 396/15/996/245, etc., will I be able to use them on other Uniden scanners that use USAD?

I use exactly the same .usd files for both my BCD396T and BCD996T.

If you open a 396.usd file in the 996 software, it will add the extra fields when you save the file.

If you open a 996.usd file in the 396 software, it will ignore the additional fields.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.