UASD and BCT15 Don't want to play nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmfok7

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience... or any idea of what may be going on here! I went and created a new Group to add to an existing System using UASD software. So I input all the info and went to load it up on my BCT15. It had been a few months since I had done anything with the program or radio this way but, I didn't have any problems when I did.

All the sudden, it decides it doesn't want to communicate...or play nice! When I go to [write] the info to the scanner, it gets 4% into writing the info and it stops. A "WARNING" box that reads "Write error to scanner" comes up on the screen and at the bottom of the dialog box where it shows the progress, it says " Error: Error response from scanner". The only way I can get it to write the info to the scanner is to uncheck the "Write Configuration" box and it will input the info. The one thing I found though that frustrates me is, I lost the Active Channel Display capability. And "Yes", I did the [Func +.No] to toggle it on and off and nothing. While listening to conventional systems, all I get is "NFM" and the CTCSS or DCS code if it is used! I also checked other aspects of the program like the [Online Control] of the scanner and it works fine. I confirmed that the baud rate is set correctly on both ends and the drivers for the serial cable is installed and running. It doesn't have a problem erasing the data from the scanner, it just doesn't want to write the info back to the scanner! Anyone have any ideas on something to try or something I missed that might be causing this?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you've exceeded one or more of the limits in the scanner. Perhaps you have put too many channels in one of the trunked systems?

tmfok7

Here's what it says when I read (attempt to write to) the scanner:

Memory usage (est): 14%

Statitistics: Systems - 16, Sites - 40, Channels + Talk Groups + Systems Frequencies - 1096.

I wouldn't believe that would overload the scanner but you are more of an expert on that than I am! What do you think?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Can't tell from that. If you exceed the limit for one system, it will error out. Check the last system being written before the error for a limit exception.

tmfok7

It never makes it to a System! It only gets as far as "Writing Scanner configuration" when the error occurs and it comes up with the message "Error - error response from scanner" in the box that shows the progress!

One other strange thing it does is it default to Alabama for the Bear Tracker settings even though, in the program, it shows what I have it set to which is Washington.

Last edited:

cpuerror

I would suggest cutting down the baud rate. Intermittent communications between the scan. and the software can cause the errors you are describing.

tmfok7

UPMan...Thanks for the assist on this subject! I was gone for awhile and not able to get near a computer. I think I have the problem corrected....or at least it is doing what I want it to do! Not sure what I did to cause it but, after reading your replies, I went back and looked at it again and it appears that it was trying to load my personal configuration file along with the Nationwide Configuration file. Seems to be working correctly now! If I have anymore issues with it, I'll re-post the problem and we'll go from there!

Thanks again....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.