UASD craps out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

Sometimes I'll leave the scanner, computer, and the UASD logging software running all day while I'm at work.

Occasionally, I'll come home, and the 'Online Control' of the software will have mysteriously disappeared. The main program itself is still running.. but the extended logging function is gone.

Has anyone heard of this problem? If so, what's the fix?

Please, no wisecracks about using REAL software like bctool or ARC or whatever. I want to use the UASD software exclusively, if at all possible. :)

Thanks

There are many UASD versions, depending on your scanner model.

Can you be more specific in your post please?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
laptop pwr settings?

Check your advanced power setting to make sure something is not going to sleep during a long period of no activity.

mike

This may seem like a weird suggestion but if you have a webcam, you could set it up to record if someone is messing up with your computer or your scanner when you're gone to work all day. Maybe you have a snooping landlord/ex-wife/girlfriend/child etc...

Hope you find a fix for your problem.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking along the lines of nothing coming back from the radio to record (hard-drive asleep). While I have run USDA a couple of times I can say that I an not familiar with it's behavior nor the combination of Airdorn's system (laptop/scanner/application). Just suggesting ideas to chase until identified as dead-ends.

There are no periods of "no activity" while logging software is running. The scanner is constantly being polled.

Status
Not open for further replies.