UASD for BC15 - Serial Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

igregg

Premium Subscriber
I just received my BCT-15 Friday night and promptly and ordered up the Serial Key from Uniden for the UASD software but have not received the number yet. I got the confirmation email but still no key.

How long has it taken others to get the key?

Thanks
Ian

safetyobc

Did you look over the confirmation email really good? It could have been in there.

Another option is it could have went to your bulk mail (spam) folder.

I got mine instantly, as Paul said.

igregg

Premium Subscriber
It say's the following in the email: Your order was unable to be processed automatically.

And on the Order Status page on the website, it also says "Status Unavailable".

I just checked my Bank Statement, and it looks like the $29.99 charge was made last night, so maybe we are getting closer.

Thanks for the replies.

73's

CommRX

How do you get the key without paying an additional $8.00 for shipping and handling? I only saw shipping options.

Go-24

CommRX - that baffled me too, but it didn't charge me the $8 and it emailed immediately.

igregg

Premium Subscriber
Well still no sign of the key yet. It's been 4 days (or 2 if you ignore the weekend).

It's not in my junk email... I've emailed Uniden (cannot locate a support phone number) and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for all of the input so far...

73's

igregg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link. My bad for not researching a little bit more.

My saga continues. The customer service rep said I would be able to download the software via the link in the confirmation email. Though I was dubious this would be the right answser I was at work when she told me this and unable to confirm until now. The link in the email is indeed for the demo version of the software.

I've sent 2 email's directly to Orders@uniden.com, and now just submitted a web form to their customer service dept.

I hope after another call to them tomorrow I will finally get the serial number.

Love the scanner, but this has been a very frustrating experince for something so simple.

Thanks for letting me vent.

73's
Ian

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
What email address are you using? I never got the key when I used a hotmail account, but I did get it immediatly when I used a yahoo email address.
As everyone says. It either comes immediatly or never.
Try again with a different email address.

igregg

Premium Subscriber
I am using a hotmail address... This is for the BTC-15 version, which i had to pay $29.99 for, so not sure how I would be able to try a different email address without purchasing it again. :-(

I also have a BCD996T, and received the free software and key immediately to my hotmail address without any issues.... but it's possible the hotmail is hit & miss.

So, is there a way to get the key with a different address without paying again?

igregg

Premium Subscriber
Ok... problem solved. Spent about 1 hour total, mostly on hold, with Uniden. Started in Customer Service, then Technical Support, then the Parts Department. Parts eventually resent the email with both a link AND the Serial Number. Everything work's perfect now.

Love Uniden products and software, but was not impressed with the e-commerce system.

Thanks UPMan, safetyobc (and the rest) for the info and support.

73's

Go-24

igregg said:
Ok... problem solved. Spent about 1 hour total, mostly on hold, with Uniden. Started in Customer Service, then Technical Support, then the Parts Department. Parts eventually resent the email with both a link AND the Serial Number. Everything work's perfect now.

It really should be that simple - took you an hour? Bogus support !!!! From my own experience the last couple of days I total agree with you their support leaves a LOT to be desired - it really sucks!!!!

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
this topic has been dead a while but i have a problem -

is there any way to find the key (without dealing with uniden ) for my uasd ?

i can't find the copy of the key email - and my uasd works just fine but i need the key for upgrading the firmware

is the key hidden anywhere in my uasd - to save me time waiting for email reply from uniden ?

thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're mixing apples and oranges and coming up with grapefruits :.>> The UASD has nothing at all to do with upgrading the firmware. I don't know which radio you are trying to upgrade (or from what version) but each radio's instructions for firmware upgrades are linked in our wiki (link below)

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_DMA_FAQ

Besides both FreeScan and BcTool are more functional than the UASD, and freeware to boot.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.