UASD for the 396XT or 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
No.

Currently there are 3 options. ProScan, FreeScan, and ARC-XT. My preference is ProScan. For me it has the best UI and functionality. All 3 are available to download and try out. I would not wait for the UASD as it may never come.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Nowdays with FREESCAN being FREE, I almost suggest Uniden just include a copy of FREESCAN on the CD, and save money on the USAD.

As mentioned the ProScan and ARC are also great programs that can be used on a trial basis.

PeWi

FYI I have been using bcTool with my ubcd396t and found it to be also superior to the USAD and has some great features. Many are hoping for a newer version but the latest has many great functions for free and well supported by a yahoo group forum.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
BcTool doesnt support the XT series yet, and the original poster needs an XT version of software.

There was talk of a BcTool XT support but hasnt hapened yet.
Hopefully it comes along it was a great program.

FYI I have been using bcTool with my ubcd396t and found it to be also superior to the USAD and has some great features. Many are hoping for a newer version but the latest has many great functions for free and well supported by a yahoo group forum.

rvictor

Unfortunately, the current version doesn't support the 396XT nor does it access the RR database for direct downloading of data.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.