UASD Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

renze8173

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I currently decided to download the UASD Demo for by BCT15 becouse I wanted to re-program the scanner do to moving to a different location instead of programing all through the head of the scanner. I downloaded the information from the scanner to the UASD and saved it to the database and +\- some frequencies. The problem that I'm having is when I want to write to the scanner, a window pops up that reads (Only systems named "Conventional","Motorola","EDACS","LTR" are written to the scanner.) OK. When I press (Select All) since I have only one system, then I select (Write), a message pops up that says all the intormation will be deleted. I pressed OK since I saved the system to the database after I made some adjusments. After its done writing, the scanner says that thiers nothing to scan and my system is no longer it in.
Am I doing something wrong in UASD, or is Uniden pulling a fast-one since they want you to buy UASD. I dont know the reason why the program has to delete the information before it writes to the scanner. Any information on this matter would be appreciated (I really don't want to spend the $30, but I will if I have to).
Renze8173

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It deletes the information because you checked the "delete all" first. It even warned you since it said it would delete all the information on your radio. That's why they let you try it first. Had you not had that box checked, or had you aborted when it warned you, your radio would still have the old programming in it. But now it's wiped out, only on your harddrive.

You get to see how to program the radio, get to enter some sample systems, then decide.

If you like it, you pay, and you can write to scanner. If you don't like it, don't pay, and you can't write to scanner.

cpuerror

The demo version of UASD will always delete everything off your scanner before uploading. This limits you to a maximum of one trunked system and one conventional system, and they must be named one of the names it allows you.

There are a number of other programs you can use to program your scanner, but in my personal opinion I would recommend using FreeSCAN. It won't wipe out your scanner unless you tell it to, and lets you upload and download as many systems as you want without the shareware nonsense.

As for the "Nothing to Scan" , it may be that these systems are locked out. Hold the L/O button down for about 5 seconds to unlock them.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The most common causes of the 'nothing to scan' error are listed in the wiki (anything in blue and/or underlined is a link)

While true - the "nothing to scan" message is popping up here because he wiped out all of his scanner...

Status
Not open for further replies.