UASD Key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wajoyner

I searched archives but I'm still unclear....register the scanner and they send the key instantly or register the software(?) and get a key? I registered the scanner (BCD396T) and nothing. Sorry for the stupid question but I want to get up and running with my new toy and it looks as though the software program will infinitly easier. Thanks in advance for your help.

wajoyner

Already have downloaded the software as well as the firmware updates but I never saw anywhere to "Register" except for registering the scanner. I followed every step of the "Firmware Revision Notes 1.11.03" consisting of the firmware file the intaller application and the UASD application (Ver 1.4.1.1). I sent an email to customer support but from what I'm readiing that will not get me very far. I am somewhat surprised by the apparent lack of support from the manufacturer. I guess they feel the void will be filled by support groups like this(?). Any further help to get me started woulld be appreciated, I am anxious to get started.

safetyobc

When you downloaded the software, there was a check box you selected to send the registration key and sofware or just the software. You had to select one.

Did you check your bulk mail folder?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you don't find an email from Uniden, with the software key, in your email's junk mail folder, then one of the folowing happened:
the email address was typo'd
you did not select the option to download the software & receive the key, just downloaded software
or your email provider blocked the email.

Go back to the download page.
Since you've already downloaded the software, use the option for "I just need the key".
Be sure to enter an email address that you know will not block the response, that will, at worst, put it in a 'bulk mail' folder where you can look for it.
If you use a client like Hotmail, you might want to add "order@uniden.com" to your contact list first, if your spam settings are to block any email from 'unrecognized senders'.

wajoyner

OK, tried the download page and requested the "Key Only" and triple checked my typing of the email address, removed all blocks/filters (not ever been a problem) and still nothing. I even did it twice! If the software is free why even have a Key inthe first place? Should I consider forgoing the "free" route and buy someones software that has a more efficient support structure. Suggestions.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
wajoyner said:
OK, tried the download page and requested the "Key Only" and triple checked my typing of the email address, removed all blocks/filters (not ever been a problem) and still nothing. I even did it twice!

I've downloaded various versions of the Uniden programs 6 times in the last week or so and have gotten the e-mail with the key BEFORE the software was finished downloading.

Do you have a second e-mail address you could try sending it to? A friend or relative? I'm just curious why you are having this difficulty!

- Chris

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I never had a problem getting the key either. It has to be getting blocked by your email provider. Like ChrisP, the emailed key showed up virtually immediately for me, and it's always been the same number sequequence.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This situation comes up every so often, and with the exception of a glitch in June of 2005 the Uniden site always returns the key. If you are downloading the software the email is sent before the download even starts. If you are not getting the key and you are sure you are not "junking" the email, then in all probability your ISP is the culprit.

As to why they want to email you the key, a better question is: If they are providing you with something for free, why are you questioning the reason?

wajoyner

Update: Called Tech support and they ended up giving me a verbal Key number, couldn't explain why the email route was not working though. Thanks for trying to help a newbie.

I am finding alot of very helpful info here and that is much appreciated. I am reading till my eyes cross every evening so I can form some inteligent questions which I am sure are going to come up. In the mean time I am working on a plan via the worksheets to enter the data needed to let me enjoy this unit. I propose to enter my Law Enforcement, Fire and Rescue by County then through the quick key functions for Systems and Groups be able to monitor my immediate area. Sound good so far?

W. A. Joyner

Status
Not open for further replies.