UBC330XLT(bc250d) Truncking issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegen62

Hello all, I have a problem scanning the mot. type II system in which i have programmed all the frequencies in my UBC3300xlt. according to the manual I think I got it right, however I can't seem to get it to show the TG ID. It wont stop on the control channel and display the ID. The radio has the P25 board in it and when I stop scanning and monitor the control channel I get the audio. The system is the Bell fleetnet zone 1 system.
Also tried holding down the trunk button for two or mor sec. which switches to ID scan and ID search with no luck. I hope I covered all that I did with it. I hope its just something simple but I think I covered all possible ways around this but any help would be appreciated.

MNRotrMedic

I'm not familiar with the system that you are trying to monitor but if it has a 9600 baud control channel the BC250D will not be able to track the system. It will decode the audio but it doesn't know what to do with the control channel. I ran into that exact problem with the state ARMER system with my 250D. It's a great radio but i had to find other uses for it. I currently use it as the slave radio when i run the PRO96Com program.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Mark01

The Bell Fleetnet system is a VHF Motorola system.If you have not done so enter the Base Offset and Spacing numbers and frequencies into the trunking tables on your UBC330XLT(bc250d.You may have to check the manual for information how to do this although if you have software it is easier.The Base Offset and Spacing numbers are listed in the RR database for the Fleetnet system.

Mark

joegen62

I found out that the initial trunk channels where not entered correctly because the 3300xlt rounded off the frequencies. In order to have them entered right I had to change the step freq. to 7.5Khz. Once that was done the correct freq. was displayed and it was starting to trunk track the digital system.
Thanks for the responce.

MEGA14

I was contemplating the purchase of a 3300xlt but wasn't sure if it would suit my needs , as it is a European version of the 250d.

After reading your post , I guess the answer is yes.

I am looking to scan Toronto and King City OPP frequencies and was wondering if this radio can be programmed to do so.

Am I right in my assumption that it can?

Also , where would one find a cigarette power cord for the 3300xlt?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.