UBCD-3600XLT vs BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I was advised this morning that a f/w update is in process/testing for the Europe version. I do not have an estimated release timeframe, but since it is based on the US version which has been released, it will likely be soon.

EuropeanUser

I was advised this morning that a f/w update is in process/testing for the Europe version. I do not have an estimated release timeframe, but since it is based on the US version which has been released, it will likely be soon.

That is really good news! Hope it will not be a one time thing, but rather an indication of how it will be in the future. If this happens I will probably get the 3600XLT rather than importing the 436HP.

G7HID

Thanks for that... Any ideas on the contact details for Uniden Europe please ??

Mike

racingfan360

As to just receiving/decoding simplex: I get 80-90% decode on simplex with the above settings (FM, MAN 8). Due to the 30 mS duty cycle, 100% isn't possible.

Ummm.....maybe there are a lot of us on this forum then that have simply bought duff products, as we can't get anywhere near those stunning results: this is even with the latest firmware/manual threshold & FM settings/battery door shielding/additional capacitor fixes applied to any of my 436HP's. I'd estimate about 80% of DMR simplex signals are detected, and about 20% of them decode with intelligible voice. In comparison, in the same test environments, I'd say my TRX-1 successfully decodes about 95% of DMR simplex comms. Even a tapped scanner hooked up to DSD+ will successfully decode at least 90% of the same signals.

G7HID

Ummm.....maybe there are a lot of us on this forum then that have simply bought duff products, as we can't get anywhere near those stunning results: this is even with the latest firmware/manual threshold & FM settings/battery door shielding/additional capacitor fixes applied to any of my 436HP's. I'd estimate about 80% of DMR simplex signals are detected, and about 20% of them decode with intelligible voice. In comparison, in the same test environments, I'd say my TRX-1 successfully decodes about 95% of DMR simplex comms. Even a tapped scanner hooked up to DSD+ will successfully decode at least 90% of the same signals.

I have exactly the same results.. :(

Mike

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Can confirm that the AUS version (UBCD436PT) does not have the DMR update yet. Have been emailing the Australian Agents (PacTel) and they have since stopped replying to my emails. 9 months after they said it was "not too far off" I haven't had a reply from my last 2 emails. Pretty disappointing customer service! Can't see that the DMR upgrade is even on the horizon TBH!

Valeriy

I just found out about the BCD325P2 and the fact that it had a DMR upgrade available. That's a cheaper option, and smaller, but probably not as good for DMR.

The 325 lacks the recording capability, and IMHO it is not convenient if compared with the 436/3600 features.
If you don't really need a smaller receiver, then go for the 436 or the 3600.
Anyway, before it's too late, :) consider also the Whistler TRX-1.
It is reputed to perform better than the Unidens in DMR decoding and capturing a nearby DMR simplex signal
(the Spectrum Sweeper and the Close Call RF Capture technologies are based upon different algorithms).
And, above all, there wont't be the issue not to be able to unlock a future new digital mode upgrade
just because Uniden rejects non-US/Canada credit cards...

EuropeanUser

The 325 lacks the recording capability, and IMHO it is not convenient if compared with the 436/3600 features.

Anyway, before it's too late, :) consider also the Whistler TRX-1.
It is reputed to perform better than the Unidens in DMR decoding and capturing a nearby DMR simplex signal
(the Spectrum Sweeper and the Close Call RF Capture technologies are based upon different algorithms).

I have given up the idea of getting the 325 after reading some comparisons.

The Whistler seems nice, but I really don't like the UI. I want a numpad to easily input frequencies and it doesn't seem to have as good of an overview of what's going on. And it's more expensive. I'll look at it again though and see if I change my mind.

Edit: just realized that the TRX-1 does have a numpad. Don't know why I thought it didn't.

Last edited:

G7HID

UPMan, any idea which one of the following is the correct contact for Uniden Eurpean users please ?

UNIDEN EUROPE liaison office of Uniden Corporation Japan
Ettenhoven 108 tel + 32 3 568 07 90
B 2940 Hoevenen ( Belgium ) fax + 32 3 568 01 18
e-mail : lyssens@uniden.be

Or:

Piet Evers
AVERA-DISTRIBUTING
Hazeldonk 6259
4836 LG BREDA
THE NETHERLANDS
Phone +31 (0)76 596 3820
Fax +31 (0)76 596 3833
E-mail info@avera.eu

Mike

pb_lonny

Any news on an Australian firmware update? I would LOVE for analyse mode to work in the UBCD436PT...

paparazzo

Feed Provider
Does one have heard something new about the FW update for the UBCD3600XLT to get rid of the false TG decode?

Thanks, Joey

Avestruz1

There is bit of a trick to buying the DMR key from Uniden outside of the US

Please tell me how to upgrade to DMR outside the US. (Uniden BCD436HP). Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.