Ubct-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1190

Hi all,
I am hoping that someone can help me...I am looking at purchasing the UBCT-8 from a website that appears to be in North America. Will I be able to use this scanner in Australia, and more importantly is it P25 digital compliant, as I am interested in the SAGRN (South Australian Government Radio Network)

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I am hoping that someone can help me...I am looking at purchasing the UBCT-8 from a website that appears to be in North America. Will I be able to use this scanner in Australia, and more importantly is it P25 digital compliant, as I am interested in the SAGRN (South Australian Government Radio Network)
The BCT-8 is the American model, the UBCT-9 is the Australian version (an early release was possibly called a UBCT-8).

BOTH models are Analogue ONLY. The BCT-8, and the UBCT-9 are NOT "P25 digital compliant".

I believe the SAGRN is currently operating in what is called Mixed Mode, employing Motorola SmartNet and APCO P16 (often erroneously referred to as P25), with 3600 bps Control Channels.

The Network is rumoured to be going to "true" APCO P25 in 2012. APCO P25 is 9600 bps Control Channel.

--
Comint

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.