UCA Reprogramming Utah County Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisHansen

Feed Provider
Just heard they are breaking up the North TG 46112 to a North East and a North West also that Juab/Nephi come on line in October to the South Channel TG 46144. has anyone else heard this?.

Junior1970

I can see the breakup of 46112 as Utah County North is one of the busiest talkgroups in the UCA system and northern Utah County is one of the fastest growing areas in the state.

What I don't get is why would Juab County and Nephi piggy back on the Utah County South channel. Juab and Nephi are in a different county and not part of the Special Services District that dispatches for all of Utah County with the exception of UVU, BYU, Pleasant Grove, Springville/Mapleton, Orem/Lindon and Provo.

South already dispatches south end county deputies and PD for:
Spanish Fork
Santaquin
Payson
Salem.

My guesses of the new talkgroup...

Northeast would be:
North end deputies including those assigned to Vineyard
American Fork (Cedar Hills) PD
Lehi PD
Lone Peak (Alpine/Highland) PD

Northwest would be:
North end deputies including those assigned to Eagle Mountain, Cedar Fort and Fairfield
Saratoga Springs (including Bluffdale) PD

Time will tell.............

Junior1970

Richfield has Juab on 38720

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

38720 is patched from 151.220 off of Levan Peak and is the Section 14 channel of the UHP that covers Juab and Millard counties dispatched by Richfield. Occasionally a 1 Oscar (Juab) unit or Juab dispatch will switch to the VHF channel to relay info.

bchris

I have been noticing for a few weeks now a new TG # that is always linked to 46112. That would make sense to link them during the transition, so they act as one until everyone is ready. If you guys come up with a good name and the final coverage area, please let me know.

Junior1970

Utah County Radios

Over last weekend I heard one of the deputies confirm that they were on "six" which apparently is now the old "four" or S.O. Car to Car on 46176.

"I have been noticing for a few weeks now a new TG # that is always linked to 46112." bchris.

Just heard one of the chatter channels discussing the new channel layout. They were calling them the following:

Law 1
Law 2
Law 3
Law 4
Service (42848)
SO C2C (46176)

Keep your ears on for new names and/or talkgroups such as the one bchris was alluding to. I'm assuming Law 1 is what is now North but hopefully we can confirm by listening or by mapping a radio soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.