UCALL, VCALL, ICALL, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Besides the repeaters up on NJUTAC4, 5 and 6 for the Urban Area Security Initiative, does anyone know if there are repeaters established on any of the VTAC's, UTAC's or ITAC's, or for that matter, the CALLing channels as well ? If so, are the calling channels monitored ? And by who ?

When I was down in FL, I used to use ICALL (we called it MA CALL) to contact Palm Beach, Broward Counties, etc. Alot of counties also had repeaters up on the ITACS as well. I haven't seen much use of it up here with everyone monitoring SPEN1.

SCANdal

Silent Key
e911,

There are no repeaters for the V-Call/V-Tac channels as all five of them are simplex only. I am aware of agencies with the V-Call/V-Tac and I-Call/I-Tac channels programmed in their radios but I am not aware of any of those agencies routinely monitoring them for traffic.

SCANdal

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

I know Allendale has them in their radios, I have seen their plans. I know Suffolk County NY and the Port Authority activately monitor the I-Call channel because we have a I-Call/I-Tac radio in the EOC and whenever we test it, Suffolk County usually answers and I have heard the Port Authority on there too.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Vtac, Utac, Itac, ...

Can someone tell me the definition of VTAC, UTAC, ITAC, UCALL, etc.?
Who uses them and fro what purpose?

Thank you,
George

chrisbatt

uasi frequencies

Can anyone elborate on the above posted question? What do these stand for and under what conditions may they be used?

Joseph11

They're for interoperability between public safety agencies.

UASI stands for Urban Area Security Initiative. The UASI region is Northeastern New Jersey.

ctrabs74

gmclam said:
Can someone tell me the definition of VTAC, UTAC, ITAC, UCALL, etc.?
Who uses them and fro what purpose?

I believe these are national inter-op channels in the different bands (VTAC for VHF, UTAC for UHF, and ITAC for 800); I can't really speak to UCALL off the top of my head, though.

ITAC channels (in Chester County, they're referred to as "inter-ops"):

NATIONAL CALLING: 866.0125
INTEROPS 1: 866.5125
INTEROPS 2: 867.0125
INTEROPS 3: 867.5125
INTEROPS 4: 868.0125

While use may vary from county to county, Chester County mainly uses the I-TAC channels for landing zone coordination between FD and air-medical birds.

Here's a link to the wiki for a better explaination on the above topic:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Common_Public_Safety

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi all,

For a comprehensive listing of all interop frequencies in NJ see http://www.eastcoastscanning.com/viewtopic.php?t=120 right Joseph 11? One slight error yet uncorrected is the 500MHz "Delaware Region" section which is actually an incomplete system intended for statewide coverage. There is a repeater right here in Point and there are others. For complete information search http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchAdvanced.jsp under NJ Atourney General.

Note, one of the VTAC repeaters is used by Newark PD on occasion for crowd control if you like listening to the most unprofessional bunch of Keystone Kops on the planet. (;->) As for the term "crowd control" as applied draw your own conclusions about Newark.

Joseph11

Yup. :-D

BTW, you sure about the 500 MHz frequencies being statewide? They're only licensed for the Delaware River region counties and Toms River.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Scandal...

I'm guessing he means UTAC not VTAC since Newark PD operates on UHF. I've heard activity up on NJUTAC4 and 6 a few times, but mostly training and the AG (CJ units).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.