UCAN in central Utah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite new to all of this . . . still haven't figured out how to program trunked systems, etc. I've spent the last 3 days trying to sort through the 3000+ search results that were returned by my querry on the FCC site and have accomplished little except giving myself a huge headache.

One of the things I came across was an apparent tie of some of the rural central Utah communications into UCAN. My guess would be that a lot of it, but not all, relates to the Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison.

I can pull the frequencies together from the querry, but I don't know what other info I need or how to find it. Any suggestions? I'm also open for any help with frequencies in the Sanpete/Sevier county areas.

On a side note . . . security at the Manti Temple doesn't use any trunking, encryption, etc. Makes for interesting stuff once in a while.

Junior1970

There are two UCAN sites near Sanpete County. The one, Barton Peak, primarily has traffic from the Gunnison Correctional Facility. The other is Levan Peak but coverage is spotty there. Most traffic on Levan is UHP from Utah County, AP&P and some south Utah County traffic. Most Sanpete and Sevier public safety is still on VHF and would be rather surprised is they migrated to UCAN anytime soon.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
yep except i found 3 ucan control channels

Yes, Manti and Richfield have 3 sites of ucan 2 that are listed and one that is not i just traveled to Manti this last week or so and found the Levan system site 33 site 34 in Manti itself and site 35 Barton Peak or Ephriam/Gunnison possibly. Much is on the Barton Peak one, the Manti site 34 uses one voice chan that i have found and does some of the dept of corrections and Levan picks up most SL traffic. Further info on this is the Levan site 33 seems to have an additional control channel than is listed on RR it is 867.4375 dont know if it is a main control channel or a secondary and covers most of Richfield and some Sanpete 2nd is the Manti site 34 which is not listed the control channel is 868.775 and the voice channel is 866.7875 and covers mainly Sanpete some sevier county and 3rd is the Barton site 35 which also covers Sevier and Sanpete i will have more info soon still working on it. i got the site info from the scanner directly i have a bcd-396T and if you have it sit on the control channel it will give you the info of what site # it is and the site ID. I dont know what mountain top the site 34 is on but i do know it mainly cover Sanpete County.

Status
Not open for further replies.