UCAN Site Numbers Post September 2013 Controller Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronchaffin

Premium Subscriber
Back in September 2013 UCAN began work changing out the network system controllers with new technology. After the change out in Washington County the Webb Hill, St. George Simulcast 001 (1) site, site number changed to 023 (23). I have submitted a change to the database but it is on hold due to a conflict with Tabby Mountain 023 in Duchesne County. Could someone in range of Tabby Mountain or one of its peers report its correct site number?

AD7ZW

Tabby shows as 7202 site 35 just verified with unitrunker on both tabby and steamboat. Site 35 shows in the database as Gunnnison Prison. Need someone in the central part of the state to verify.

Reed
AD7ZW
Northeastern Utah

bchris

St George / Gunnison / Tabby

I absolutely agree with ronchaffin on St George Simulcast changing from 643E-01 to 643E-23. I thought it was so strange that I verified it multiple times, as recently as April 1. Since it so-doesn't make sense, I wonder if it was supposed to be temporary and they just haven't changed it back yet. I plan to leave it as 01 in my own database for the time being. Nonetheless, for now it is what it is, and it is #23.

A couple years ago UCAN changed the DOC sites from 7202 to 643E. I am pretty sure it was updated and correct in the DB for a while. I really doubt that UCAN changed it back, and I don't know why anyone would change the DB. I would bet $$$ that they are still 643E. I can't Rx them from my area, but do drive past on occasion. If anyone lives near any of these, would you please verify.

I also agree that Tabby used to be 643E-23. I fully trust Reed-AD7ZW, that if he says it is now 7202-35, then it should be changed in the DB as well. Fixing Gunnison frees up 7202-35 for Tabby, and fixing Tabby frees up 643E-23 for St George. This should make everyone happy, Yes?

643E-14 = Gunnison (Gunnison Prison)
643E-15 = Point of Mtn (Draper Prison)
643E-16 = SL County ADC Jail
then...
7202-35 = Tabby Mtn
and...
634E-23 = St George Simulcast (temporary?)

I will not submit these (again) to the Database. If anyone else agrees with my info and thinks it should be done, then please do it.

B.Christensen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.