Ucan Tgf 22208

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I received the following request from a submitter:

Change TG 22208 from Salt Lake Community College Police to UHP Salt Lake County Ch 6

Any comments?

-Tim

Observer1

Well, you could go either way.

UHP is contracted by Salt Lake Community College to provide campus police services at all their campuses.

So, while it is UHP Troopers on that frequency, they ARE Salt Lake Community College Police as well....they venture out and make stops etc, but their assignment is SLCC, not road work.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Observer1 is absolutely correct and the argument for changing a TG to "UHP Channel xx" could also be made for TG 4672 (Protective Services). This TG is used for security of all state buildings, the Governor's Mansion, as well as the Governor's Security detail, but they are all Troopers as well. They also make traffic stops in their travels.

I personally don't think the change is necessary in the Db. I feel it will create confusion.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I don't think we can do that and abandon TG: 22240 (SLCC Police2)...

I would be in favor of moving it to the UHP group if we could address 22240 as well.

The name I would propose would be:
19712 / UHP SLCo CH6 / UHP Salt Lake County CH6 - SLCC / Schools

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Observer1 is absolutely correct and the argument for changing a TG to "UHP Channel xx" could also be made for TG 4672 (Protective Services)

This one is in the DB as:
4672 / UHP CapSecur / UHP 18 Capitol Security / Dispatch

It is at least in the UHP section. The SLCC one does not indicate UHP at all. As far as 4672 it is for the Section 18 Officers (thus the 18). I change this one in my setup to say "UHP SEC 18". I have no idea as to the channel number and it might be different if you are a Section 18 officer vs a typical patrol officer.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I don't think we can do that and abandon TG: 22240 (SLCC Police2)...

I would be in favor of moving it to the UHP group if we could address 22240 as well.

The name I would propose would be:
19712 / UHP SLCo CH6 / UHP Salt Lake County CH6 - SLCC / Schools
Well, that might fly for the present time, but the history of the TG is that it was assigned to Salt Lake City Community College. The UHP simply "inherited" the TG when they were awarded the contract by SLCCC to provide security for the Community College campuses. If the contract is awarded to some other entity down the road the TG will remain, but the physical group using it will be different with no connection to the UHP.

I don't think a change, any change, in the Db is necessary.

Last edited:

Observer1

Here's the problem if you change SLCC's channels....they CONTRACT with UHP for the services, there's no guarantee that UHP will continue with that contract, so, if that changes, those frequencies will be transfered to whatever agency is doing SLCC's police work.

tbogs

I sent this into the database. I have been monitoring this TG for months now using UniTrunker and when I hear Salt Lake UHP say switch to channel 6, I see via UniTrunker, that it is Salt Lake UHP. I haven't heard any SLCC talk...its mainly been chatting like you'd hear on a car to car channel. This has been my observation...sorry for the confusion.

Observer1

tobgs...you're incorrect. No offense.

Section 4 (Which is UHP road Troopers in SL) doesn't use Channel 6, unless the road Troopers are talking to the SLCC guys, which they will do. The SLCC guys will come back the road guys, and vice versa. One of the reasons you're likely hearing less formal conversation on those channels is because the actual dispatch functions, for even the SLCC guys, are done using UHP's frequency, not the SLCC one. They don't have a dispatcher who monitors the SLCC channel, it would be a waste of man power.

Such a change will only cause confusion down the road when SLCC changes the contract and UHP is no longer using said channel

tbogs

Sorry for the confusion and no offense taken Observer1...I should have posted this TG before submitting it. My knowledge is mainly of the Prison...I'm glad you guys know more about the other agencies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I sent this into the database. I have been monitoring this TG for months now using UniTrunker and when I hear Salt Lake UHP say switch to channel 6, I see via UniTrunker, that it is Salt Lake UHP. I haven't heard any SLCC talk...its mainly been chatting like you'd hear on a car to car channel. This has been my observation...sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for coming forward, tbogs. Yeah, it's a good idea to post on the forum any proposed changes when it involves a TG already listed because there is a reason it is listed like that (See this thread). After a robust discussion (see above posts), then we can decide, as a board of trustees, if you will, whether such a change should be made. We all have a vested interest in the Db and that each entry accurately portrays its use. We also want to give fair treatment to all suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.