UCAN TGID Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

anothermother

I just downloaded the list of talk groups from the database and it list less than 700 TGIDs.

Is this accurate?

I ask because there should be no problem putting that many talk groups into my Uniden DMA scanner.

Thanks!

qlajlu

Silent Key
I just downloaded the list of talk groups from the database and it list less than 700 TGIDs.

Is this accurate?

I ask because there should be no problem putting that many talk groups into my Uniden DMA scanner.

Thanks!
That is entirely possible. I have not counted them. Don't forget the AC33 (Salt Lake City) and the Airport TRS. Salt Lake City and the airport share services with the airport carrying backup TGs for both the PD and the FD. Also, airport security is on the AC33 system, not the airport's.

You may want to expand you listening experience and download Davis County and Tooele County, too. I even hear Box Elder from my location out against the Oquirrhs. I also get Summit, Wasatch, and some Utah County by listening to site 011 (Nelson Peak).

anothermother

Heh heh... I'm not worried about having enough to listen to!

I guess I had a lot of duplicate data when I was programming my BCT15 up for the first time. I managed to fill the TGID space.

Do conventional channels use the same memory area as TGIDs?

Thanks!

qlajlu

Silent Key
Heh heh... I'm not worried about having enough to listen to!

I guess I had a lot of duplicate data when I was programming my BCT15 up for the first time. I managed to fill the TGID space.

Do conventional channels use the same memory area as TGIDs?

Thanks!
You may want to experiment with that. I can load VHF/UHF in the same banks I have a trunking system, but I can only have one trunking system per bank. I have 10 banks, but remember, I have entered each and every trunking frequency in the systems I listen to since I am not running CC mode. Those frequencies are loaded in the same area, however, there is one additional step for them and that is to let them know they are part of a trunking system. The traditional VHF/UHF do not get that step.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I have 624 TGs programed for UCAN 7202 with no duplicates.

I know that I have the majority of them and am only missing a few so under 700 seems accurate for what we know to-date...

Status
Not open for further replies.