UDOT Region 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

Starting a thread for UDOT Region 4 talkgroups as it appears they finally have 800 Mhz radios.

In Regions 1, 2 and 3 UCA assigned each shed a talkgroup as well as a dispatch TG and a few others for maintenance, signs and paint.

Question for Region 4, being it's the largest geographically and the most rural and remote is will UCA assign the region like the north? Or will they be for geographical?

Region 4 is comprised of six sections:
East Area North (Carbon, Emery)
East Area South (Grand, San Juan)
Northwest Area East (Sanpete, Sevier, part of Wayne)
Northwest Area West (Beaver, Millard)
Southwest Area North (Parts of Wayne, small portion of Iron, Piute, Garfield)
Southwest Area South (Kane and Washington, most of Iron)

So far from the clues I'm hearing it appears that they are lumping the sheds in by county since most of the sheds cover state highways within that scope.

Let the hunting begin/commence

Junior1970

TG Fishing Report.

I have been hearing snowplow chatter on TG 31168 off of Levan Peak.
Judging by the chatter it's coming from drivers from the Gunnison and Mt. Pleasant sheds. Places like Axtell, Hwy 28, Miller Flat, Indianola and Hwy 89 are mentioned - all within Sanpete County.

Probably "UDOT R-4 Sanpete" would be a good tag but want to hear more before I confirm,

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I am in Davis Co, so a bit to far for me to help. But, taking the TG 31168 as a guide, I'll keep an eye (ear) for any TG's near that one.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
TG Fishing Report.

I have been hearing snowplow chatter on TG 31168 off of Levan Peak.
Judging by the chatter it's coming from drivers from the Gunnison and Mt. Pleasant sheds. Places like Axtell, Hwy 28, Miller Flat, Indianola and Hwy 89 are mentioned - all within Sanpete County.

Probably "UDOT R-4 Sanpete" would be a good tag but want to hear more before I confirm,
I heard it today too, also TG 31200 is near Loa and bicknell , here in carbon and Emery counties we are still on vhf SRS

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
One plow was near Indianola I knew it was either 31164 or 31168 but I couldn’t catch it fast enough to add it

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Some of the 9 Alpha units talk to Richfield directly on 800, so I’m guessing the Richfield dispatch area has 800 radios ready to go on UDOT, I’ll keep an ear out as well, they were coming across Cedar Mountain Emery I think

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Ours is 9 Alpha 44 units used to be district 44, I’m not sure about the rest of region 4

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
It seems there are tgid's identified for each udot shed. However, in Region 1 where I reside the radio's appear on different tgid's every time there is something afoot. If there is a snow storm and they are plowing often a radio which was on ogden/weber can appear on Clinton's channel.

Same if they are doing road work. I believe all if Region 4 is still mostly using vhf on the Utah SRS (State Repeater System).

Junior1970

This morning on TG 30912 , heard on the Black Crook and Levan sites, plows were talking about "getting the on and off ramps" while another individual was "going to hit 100."

SR 100 runs west of Fillmore through McCormick and the on and off ramps there are covered by the DOT shed in Meadow. I'm calling this UDOT R-4 East Millard until I hear more on it.

The four sheds that cover Millard are Meadow, Cove Fort, Delta and Scipio. It may be shared with these shed like the other TG's identified so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.