UFO Joe on WMRI

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I should turn on my radio📻..have not tuned SW in many years! AM/FM dxing but not SW.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Call Jeff White, 305-559-9764. He might be able to help you out. Good station to listen to, Okeechobee is a little bit north of Miami but..

Right now they're playing The Four Tops, good.. not a big listener anymore.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
somehow music on SW never appealed to me..👿😉. The 4 tops with that motown bass line just wouldn't make it! I am also an audio perfectionist!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
somehow music on SW never appealed to me..👿😉. The 4 tops with that motown bass line just wouldn't make it! I am also an audio perfectionist!
LOL, yes shortwave listening was not about the quality of the broadcast or good audio as much as it was just logging all the countries.

The years of listening to English speaking broadcast, from many foreign countries, BBC, Germany, Cuba, Moscow, Kiev, South Africa, Netherlands, Vietnam and China with stories of their culture, music, news and commentary are long gone🙂.

TAC4

Interestingly enough most shortwave broadcasts have bass
response in the audio of the carrier but we never hear it because
of the small speakers found in most shortwave radios.

Listen to the broadcast with a good pair of headphones and
you will hear the deep base. IFRIKAYIA FM in Benchar, Algeria 🇩🇿
is the king of bass response in a shortwave signal.

ditto1958

LOL, yes shortwave listening was not about the quality of the broadcast or good audio as much as it was just logging all the countries.

The years of listening to English speaking broadcast, from many foreign countries, BBC, Germany, Cuba, Moscow, Kiev, South Africa, Netherlands, Vietnam and China with stories of their culture, music, news and commentary are long gone🙂.
I like looking for distance broadcasts. This one was only 1,500 miles away, but was fun because it’s interesting programming.

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
Music and programming quality was mentioned. Try this music over shortwave radio show.

RNEI, Radio Northern Europe International, plays a discrete playlist of music not generally heard on local FM broadcast. They incorporate comb stereo into their broadcast.

Schedule here Ways to listen to Radio Northern Europe International – Radio Northern Europe International

Comb stereo requires certain software.

I can't answer questions because I am not technically inclined about comb stereo. It does sound good but really needs at least a HF capable SDR and good quality set of stereo speakers.

Rose puts a lot of effort into her shows.

...and its not WMRI, it's WRMI.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Music and programming quality was mentioned. Try this music over shortwave radio show.

RNEI, Radio Northern Europe International, plays a discrete playlist of music not generally heard on local FM broadcast. They incorporate comb stereo into their broadcast.

Schedule here Ways to listen to Radio Northern Europe International – Radio Northern Europe International

Comb stereo requires certain software.

I can't answer questions because I am not technically inclined about comb stereo. It does sound good but really needs at least a HF capable SDR and good quality set of stereo speakers.

Rose puts a lot of effort into her shows.

...and its not WMRI, it's WRMI.
That is one of the most interesting posts I have read here in a long time. I just spent some time on both Radio northern Europa and the radio miami international websites. I will have to tune in to some of this and see what is going on since I had not been active in this area for many years.
The most fascinating thing to me is that there is a company like RMI that continues to exist in the current world mostly to sell blocks of air time to transmit programs for other broadcasters. I realize this model existed in the past but it is still active.

However, I wonder how many people take the time to set up the comb stereo except if they enjoy tinkering technically considering all the options of excellent simple stereo reception these days. I have had my nose in scanners too long! Boy am I out of touch!!😿😁. Thanks for sharing!

ditto1958

Tuned in to him unintentionally last night. I don’t know why I like the show, or how to explain it. Try to catch him soon and let me know what you think. 🙂