Uh-Oh--UPMan Strikes, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
So what exactly are we listening to in the video? Is that a train dispatcher?

I hope not, considering they are talking about lifting off and flying with x number of souls on board and having 1 hr 30 mins of fuel to get to such-and-such a town. Seems much more like air ambulance to me.

Edit: Is everyone taking notice to what is going on with the background of the (first) video?

frazpo

I hope not, considering they are talking about lifting off and flying with x number of souls on board and having 1 hr 30 mins of fuel to get to such-and-such a town. Seems much more like air ambulance to me.

Edit: Is everyone taking notice to what is going on with the background of the (first) video?

Colors! ?

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
With all the teasing going on, I hope the announcement tomorrow is more than just an additional feature for existing scanners. I mean NXDN is highly sought after it seems, but not quite to the level of (at this point) two teaser videos and a few clever avatar file names.

Is everyone taking notice to what is going on with the background of the (first) video?
Shifting colors?

The blurry object in teaser video #2 looks like a hand held device. That would seem to suggest a waterproof case. Could also be a misdirection.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Given the audio in the first teaser video with the tower, has anyone looked into what system it came from? Is it a simulcast system by any chance?

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Maybe he's saying there's more than one announcement coming tomorrow... NXDN upgrade for x36 scanners and a new device?

"When it rains it pours"

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
That would just be a waste in my opinion.
Why? I see so many posts from folks that want to see scanners that are more in line with "professional" grade radios like Moto's APX line of radios. Why would a more rugged scanner be a waste?
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

frazpo

Yes I see your point. I am just thinking of added cost I guess. I would go for something that was a bit more commercial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Why? I see so many posts from folks that want to see scanners that are more in line with "professional" grade radios like Moto's APX line of radios. Why would a more rugged scanner be a waste?

There's a lot more posts asking for fully functional simulcast decoding than for a rugged/waterproof case.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
True. In a perfect world we would get both.
Marshall KE4ZNR

And whatever it is, some people will be pleased, some people will be furious and others will be indifferent. :p

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
And whatever it is, some people will be pleased, some people will be furious and others will be indifferent. :p
True. One thing for sure: tomorrow will be interesting no matter what.
Marshall KE4ZNR

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber

And some will be all three.

"Those freaking jerks just announced...oh, wait, that is really pretty cool. But, I'd never use it."

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
And some will be all three.

"Those freaking jerks just announced...oh, wait, that is really pretty cool. But, I'd never use it."

A scanner that has the Donkey Kong game that you can play, but first must pay $9.99 to unlock it. This is where we all go "APE" over it.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Higher Expectations

Being former Air Force I "Aim High" I'm thinking they cut into encryptions in phase 2 systems so we can hear again? Again I revert to Dumb And Dumber "One in a Million.....So You're saying there's a chance!!! YES!!!"

wise871

Database Admin
I'm still waiting for the x36 and the Siren App to be finished. What happen to the listed Phases of updates that was suppose to happen? :roll:
I think they stopped at V2. Wasn't there suppose to be a Uniden server for the Siren App?

V1 = main scanning functions, LAN only
V2 = addition of Analyze
V3 = addition of Full Menu capabilities for all functions
V4 = WAN capability
V5 = still a secret

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.