• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

UHF CB Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

What is now known as GMRS was once called Class A CB (uhf) in the US. That is why it is regulated under Part 95.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Ya its not loading for me either,im not sure what happend :(

I've been using GMRS for a while. We use it less now since everyone in the family has gotten at least a Technician ham license, but I've seen a been a big change in usage patterns since the 80s. Somewhere up until the mid-90s, there were many community repeaters (mostly where guys used to park on CTCSS tones to block other people from using them on their repeaters), but it's never been the open use that 27 MHz CB has. Now, it's more blister packed radios with unkey bleeps. I think that change came about around the time the FCC eliminated site-based and specific-channel licensing for repeater stations.

ecps92

:confused: ok [dentist mode on] What was in the link that was of such interest to share with us, about Australian UHF CB :confused:

[dentist mode - the need to pull, pull, pull to actually get the information needed]

To share the link i guess,seemed interesting...

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
AU UHF CB has 80 available channels, with repeaters allowed on 16 channels and data allowed on 3. It is very common for businesses such as traffic directing, some construction and the like to use the band, even though technically they should rent their own frequency.

mike_gain

Trying to remember....GMRS was Class A. Citizens Band is/was Class D. Radio control (R/C) is/was Class C. But what was Class B ?? I really can't remember.

MeddleMan

I will check...

...and I think class B was the open channel between 22 and 23, on the US 27 mhz (11m) CB spectrum.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nope, Class A was from 460 to 470MHZ and Class B had simpler technical requirements and operated on a smaller group of frequencies. It was comparable to today's GMRS and FRS respectively. When Class D was expanded from 23 to 40 channels the 6 BRS channels were absorbed and became 24, 25 (between 22 & 23) 26, 27, 28, and 29 above 23. The Class C radio control channels remain unchanged between Class D channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.