• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

UHF mts2000 48 channel questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocn29rsc

Ok the fire dept. I'm with is in the process of switching to uhf, we have the radios and even have the repeater up and operating.

I bought a MTS2000 48 channel radio so I could use it on the new system and it won't hit the new repeater.

The radio shop has checked it out and can't tell me why this is happening...our new portables motorola pr-1500 hit the repeater just fine but mine won't.

I can hit the county repeaters on the med channels and even uhf fire dispatch channels....the new freq is 453.3625 on the rx and the tx is just 5Mhz different.

They have it set up so when you key up the radio id flashes up on the console...which I'm starting to wonder if this has something to do with it.

I was supprised to find out my radio doesn't do two tone alert or mdc encoding....so does any one have any ideas what my issue is?

Thanks.

J. Cody

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Check and make sure your transmit PL is on, if needed. Is your radio transmitting an MDC identifier?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ocn29rsc said:
I was supprised to find out my radio doesn't do two tone alert or mdc encoding

Yeah, the MTS series has to have to correct flash for most of the options. While the "lesser" HT1000 can do everything out of the box. The MT2000s can usually do most of the signaling options as well.

Astro25

If the system is MDC Scrutenized (ie, you NEED MDC to bring up the repeater), then that may very well be the problem, however this isn't common practice so it may be another issue.

com501

No matter WHAT the problem is, the radio shop should be able to tell you what is going on, and either fix it, or tell you WHY they can't fix it. Push them.

karfield

If the radio has a 1-9 flash code it should be able to do MDC all day long. However (odd thought it may be for a UHF radio) if you have a 4-6 or other trunking flashcode then MDC is generally not enabled and will need reflashed to do MDC decode/encode. And like was said above if your repeater requires a viable MDC code to trigger the repeater then you won't be getting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.