UHF Odd Frequency (SF - Santa Rosa Area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I got a weird one...I stumbled across what sounds like a tow company on 451.625 Mhz, no tone of any sort, definitely analog as a much OLDER Bearcat scanner first heard it.

When searching the RRDB and the FCC ULS, nothing hits locally for that frequency that would indicate a tow company. The "closest" thing is Marin Municipal Water District, DEFINITELY NOT THAT!

Anyone else in the Santa Rosa area able to hear this? It's LOUD in Cloverdale!

Regards,

-Frank C.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if LTR would be analog like this, IIRC it has a bit of digital to it being trunked, but that's about the closest I'd be able to hear is Geyser Peak.

I'll wait for others to chime in as well.

Regards,

-Frank C.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Not sure if LTR would be analog like this, IIRC it has a bit of digital to it being trunked, but that's about the closest I'd be able to hear is Geyser Peak.

I'll wait for others to chime in as well.

Regards,

-Frank C.

LTR is analog and it won't show any info on Uniden scanners. On most GRE/Whistler models it will show the LTR channel info.

scannernerd55

LTR is analog and it won't show any info on Uniden scanners. On most GRE/Whistler models it will show the LTR channel info.

Don't know if the newer Uniden's do it or not, but I know on older models if you created a 'quick search' range with the 'control channel only' function on (though LTR does not technically have a control channel), some LTR info would show up if there was activity on a frequency. So depending which scanner you have, you can try that.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber

Heard it on an older Bearcat earlier, I then switched to the RadioShack/GRE scanner with no further data...

Regards,

-Frank C.

pfdradio

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if you are receiving an image, if you hear it with a Bearcat and the GRE/RadioShack. No PL I'm inclined to agree with it being LTR.

What model Bearcat are you using.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if you are receiving an image, if you hear it with a Bearcat and the GRE/RadioShack. No PL I'm inclined to agree with it being LTR.

What model Bearcat are you using.

It first came up on a BC350A. I then put my GRE/RadioShack into search mode around the same frequency range.

Regards,

-Frank C.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
This is the old analog LTR on Geyser Peak which is a separate system than the IDAS system. I cannot speak for the validity of the license for that location but my customer information shows this as an active channel.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Likely Site 12, has had additional frequencies added to it
Just a wild wild guess
That might be plausible.

This is the old analog LTR on Geyser Peak which is a separate system than the IDAS system. I cannot speak for the validity of the license for that location but my customer information shows this as an active channel.
Wouldn't LTR show up as TG: xxxx though on the GRE scanner like other systems do...?

Either way, ALL I hear is tow truck traffic on it.

Regards,

-Frank C.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Do you have a good pair of headphones or an external speaker with decent bass response?

If so, hook them up to the scanner and listen for a low warble during transmissions. The low warble is the LTR signaling data.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a good pair of headphones or an external speaker with decent bass response?

If so, hook them up to the scanner and listen for a low warble during transmissions. The low warble is the LTR signaling data.

I do not. Oh well! I'll just chalk it up as the LTR system with only a tow company being heard!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Status
Not open for further replies.