UHF Satcom downlinks receivable in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
Just did a more careful check here. No sign at all of pirates or idle transponders on either 261.950 ]or 244.240.

brandon

Database Admin
261.925 is the closest. It's used in the Pacific Ocean area. I assume also in the Atlantic bandplan but I cannot check it to confirm. Here are my notes for the Pacific (and CONUS) if they are of any help. I only have freqs with voice activity. I never bother checking the 244 MHz ones since I was under the impression they were data only. ??

blaze

Premium Subscriber
261.925 is the closest. It's used in the Pacific Ocean area. I assume also in the Atlantic bandplan but I cannot check it to confirm. Here are my notes for the Pacific (and CONUS) if they are of any help. I only have freqs with voice activity. I never bother checking the 244 MHz ones since I was under the impression they were data only. ??

Thanks Brandon; that agrees with my data.

Best

blaze

Premium Subscriber
I've updated the guide to include a West coast (SF Bay area) survey, which adds the PAC region TACSAT satellites.

With this update, the guide should now approach coverage of just about every geostationary transponder downlink in the 243-270 MHz band that can be received in the continental US (and probably the Americas as a whole). Because UHF TACSAT downlink footprints are quite wide, every signal receivable anywhere in the continental US should be receivable at at least one of my two receiving sites located on either coast. Any signal listed in both locations should be receivable anywhere in the Americas, while those listed on only one will cover only part of the US, depending on how far East or West the satellite is located over the Equator.

A few HEO and LEO downlinks are also listed (and are noted as such); when and where these can be received will vary depending on where the satellite is in its orbit.

I'm sure I've missed stuff; as always, corrections are updates are welcome. I'll try to repeat the survey at intervals to keep it up to date as satellites and individual transponders change.

You can get the guide at UHF SATCOM Downlinks Receivable in the US . Representative spectral plots of various downlink signals can be found at Some Example UHF Satellite Downlink Spectrum Plots

Status
Not open for further replies.